Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 04-09-2010, 03:47 PM   #46
mitchwah
Connoisseur
mitchwah is on a distinguished road

Device: Jetbook Lite, Ematic 7" eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by .rob. View Post
Hey mitchwah,

Is this link supposed to be down? Or am I missing something?

"Version 0.34b - ftp://custftp:FQSswyvGQ20So@ftp.ecta...L04-v0.34b.exe"

Every time I clikkit, it tells me it no longer exists. Can you let me know where a good link is?
Hello .rob.,

Sorry I haven't noticed the link is broken. I have updated the sticky with the new link provided by heffe2001.
mitchwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #47
.rob.
gatherer of werdz
.rob. began at the beginning.

Device: jetBook
Awesome! Thanks alot! Going to try it right now..
.rob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:29 PM   #48
Ron46
Zealot
Ron46 doesn't litterRon46 doesn't litter

Device: JetbookLite, EB-1150, PalmIIIXE
Hi Mitchwah-- Thanks for editing your sticky post whenever there are new updates- I hope you keep it up.

Do you have any idea why Ectaco keeps changing the firmware URL?
Ron46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 01:13 AM   #49
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
mitchwah,

I recommend labeling the 0.34b/c firmware as "beta" and posting a link to the 0.33g firmware. Also, a word of caution is in order: once you upgrade to 0.34b/c, you cannot flash back to 0.33g. The risk needs to be clearly communicated.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:35 PM   #50
mitchwah
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron46 View Post
Hi Mitchwah-- Thanks for editing your sticky post whenever there are new updates- I hope you keep it up.

Do you have any idea why Ectaco keeps changing the firmware URL?
Sorry, I have no idea.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:36 PM   #51
mitchwah
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralik View Post
mitchwah,

I recommend labeling the 0.34b/c firmware as "beta" and posting a link to the 0.33g firmware. Also, a word of caution is in order: once you upgrade to 0.34b/c, you cannot flash back to 0.33g. The risk needs to be clearly communicated.
Thanks for the warning. Mine's a jetbookLite so I am not aware of this risk.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:04 AM   #52
cj2010
cj2010 began at the beginning.

Device: JBL
no reflash_nor directory for JBL?

No reflash_nor directory in file downloaded from http://www.jetbook.net/upgrade/JL08-v015d.zip?

Any help?

Thanks,
cj2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:26 AM   #53
aacero
aacero began at the beginning.

Device: jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj2010 View Post
No reflash_nor directory in file downloaded from http://www.jetbook.net/upgrade/JL08-v015d.zip?

Any help?

Thanks,
That zip file contains a different firmware file than is currently available publicly at http://jetbook.net/upgrade.php. It might be possible to drop the firmware file in "your" zip into the directory structure of http://jetbook.net/upgrade/JL08-v015d-b.zip and try the upgrade. I personally am *NOT* willing to do the experiment.

As an aside, my jetbook came with firmware v0.15, so I held off upgrading to v0.15d-b for a while. When I did, I was pleasantly surprised that some PDF table of contents were now supported. I can now jump directly to chapters and sub-sections in many of my PDFs. I hadn't seen that mentioned elsewhere.
aacero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:33 AM   #54
heffe2001
Zealot
heffe2001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage 3g
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralik View Post
mitchwah,

They weren't released as 'beta' releases, but as production releases. I've been running mine since the initial release of the .34c without any issues (aside from the ( & ) character bug in filenames). I also seem to recall doing a reflash to .33g at some point (and I can't remember the reason at this point either, lol), but I'll try it again to see if I have any issues doing it.

**EDIT** I emailed Pavel, and at this point he recommended waiting until the next release, as, like you said you can't go back from 34 to .33g (I could have sworn I did that, maybe it was from .34b to .33g, or might have been on the JBL on the last version). They do also consider them 'beta' at this point as well since there were issues upgrading directly to 34c. All I can say is I'm running it, and haven't had any problems that a simple file-rename didn't fix...

Last edited by heffe2001; 04-13-2010 at 02:41 PM.
heffe2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:14 PM   #55
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I would call it beta simply by the fact that they haven't updated their firmware page with 0.34 as the official release. There is also a 0.33h that was pulled due to instability.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:45 PM   #56
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
Is 34c still considered Beta as my unit which was purchased and delivered at the end of Jan - 2010 came with Software V0.34c and Patch v15?

Also can anybody tell me what the difference is between Software and Patch?

I thought it was all considered firmware or is one the OS and the other the App?

John
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:21 PM   #57
.rob.
gatherer of werdz
.rob. began at the beginning.

Device: jetBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchwah View Post
Hello .rob.,

Sorry I haven't noticed the link is broken. I have updated the sticky with the new link provided by heffe2001.
Hey, got it. Did it. Working fine. Thanks alot. But still no DRM? And did I read correctly that someone found a version that enables pdf TOC? Where can I get ~that~?

I know it all doesn't really matter, but hey, if the patches/upgrades actually work, why not have the most recent? Right? Or is that just me?
.rob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:23 AM   #58
Kralik
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj2010 View Post

Any help?

Thanks,
The reflash_nor directory is NOT necessary to upgrade the firmware.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:01 PM   #59
gecko666
gecko666 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I just bought myself a Libre and while awaiting it to arrive I'd like to poke around to see what I could do with it once it gets here.
A question regarding the Jetbook firmware - is it possible to flash the firmware from Jetbook on the Libre? Is the process reversible?
gecko666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:59 PM   #60
jblitereader
Addict
jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.

Device: jetbook lite
<edit>

Last edited by jblitereader; 03-23-2011 at 02:28 AM.
jblitereader is offline   Reply With Quote