Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-14-2013, 12:31 AM   #16
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
It scans all folders except certain well known names like Android, Samsung, videos, Music, pictures, etc.
Is there a way to prevent this? I only have 300 mb of books but a lot of files in a lot of other folders that is taking so long.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:40 AM   #17
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No there isn't, just let it run the first time, after which you can select whatever folders you want scanned.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:06 AM   #18
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No there isn't, just let it run the first time, after which you can select whatever folders you want scanned.
Is there a way to have it not scan new folders you have added since the last connect? I've noticed that when I add new folders that they are automatically selected and scanned the next time I connect and I need to deselect them. I just got a Nexus 7 lte and was going to connect it before I add a lot of data, but it seems like that won't help.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:47 AM   #19
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
I agree it would be nice if by default calibre did not scan any folders (or at least had this as an option) on the device when connected via MTP. But after the first scan you should be able to limit the directories scanned to those you choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I just got a Nexus 7 lte
I use Calibre Companion(CC) found in the Play store to load books onto my Nexus 7. In CC settings I choose not to scan books on connect. Currently I have my entire library on my Nexus and only have to connect periodically to load new books to my Nexus.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-14-2013 at 01:51 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:02 AM   #20
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I agree it would be nice if by default calibre did not scan any folders (or at least had this as an option) on the device when connected via MTP. But after the first scan you should be able to limit the directories scanned to those you choose.

I use Calibre Companion(CC) found in the Play store to load books onto my Nexus 7. In CC settings I choose not to scan books on connect. Currently I have my entire library on my Nexus and only have to connect periodically to load new books to my Nexus.
I use CC already on my old Nexus 7 3g. So do you get a commission everytime you recommend it?
Old 09-14-2013, 02:08 AM   #21
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I use CC already on my old Nexus 7 3g. So do you get a commission everytime you recommend it?
They couldn't afford me, just a happy customer.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:21 PM   #22
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It scans all folders except certain well known names like Android, Samsung, videos, Music, pictures, etc.
I just plugged in my new Nexus 7 and it has the Android folder pre-checked. Luckily I remembered to connect before I added all my apps.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	147
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	111031
Old 09-14-2013, 11:02 PM   #23
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Expand the android folder and you will see that it only scans android/data/com.amazon.kindle and nothing else in android.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote