Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #631
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
To get things back on track. Just picked up a 3TB WD My Book External drive for $119 at Office Depot as my birthday gift from Hubby. Sales end tonight. Only available in store.
Oh wow, great price!
I'm jealous!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:10 PM   #632
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
Oh wow, great price!
I'm jealous!
S
I price watched at Amazon all Black Friday and all week. It never went below $160. Thanks for Google who alerted me to the $119 deal when price shopping. I almost missed it! Sent hubby to J.C. to get me one.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:46 PM   #633
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
I price watched at Amazon all Black Friday and all week. It never went below $160. Thanks for Google who alerted me to the $119 deal when price shopping. I almost missed it! Sent hubby to J.C. to get me one.
Google alerts you? More to learn. Guess I had better go look at google. I never know that you can get alerts

Last edited by new; 12-01-2012 at 11:46 PM. Reason: typo
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:04 PM   #634
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
^ same here. Thanks for mentioning this, Blossom!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #635
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Although, if Blossom wished to be incredibly nice, she could tell you exactly how to receive alerts from the Goog. Mind you, she might be incredibly busy and unable to respond just now, and it isn't polite of me to tug on her sleeve and make strangled wombat sounds on your behalf, but I'm really only thinking of your best interests, xendula and new, and it's in your best interests to spend more money on things you like, h-m-m-m-m?
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:01 PM   #636
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
Although, if Blossom wished to be incredibly nice, she could tell you exactly how to receive alerts from the Goog. Mind you, she might be incredibly busy and unable to respond just now, and it isn't polite of me to tug on her sleeve and make strangled wombat sounds on your behalf, but I'm really only thinking of your best interests, xendula and new, and it's in your best interests to spend more money on things you like, h-m-m-m-m?

Here's a blog post that taught me how to do it. Scroll towards the bottom.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #637
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Your instructions are much better but I will try to figure it out to spend more money. Hah

Thanks.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #638
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Thanks Blossom! I've done Google Alerts before but never to price-watch.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #639
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Thanks Blossom! I've done Google Alerts before but never to price-watch.
Same here. Thanks for posting that link, Blossom! Now I have to think of something I need to price track...hmm, what do I want?
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #640
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
Same here. Thanks for posting that link, Blossom! Now I have to think of something I need to price track...hmm, what do I want?
I'm through with my shopping. So you guys have fun. I'm just buying books as the deals come in.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:03 PM   #641
DebbyS
Zealot
DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite; Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0)
This may come up again the day after Xmas. At Staples I bought a 2 Terabyte external Seagate drive for $79 on the day after Black Friday (it was Saturday afternoon). I feared the price had gone back up after reading the add more closely, but when they checked the then current price -- it was still on BF sale. I noted today in one of there adverts the same device is $139. I have a free member card with them, use it when I buy things, and they email me links to specials & coupons, and send a $ off coupon in the mail every 2-3 months. I note they have SanDisk 16G thumbdrives for $9.99. On Black Friday Radio Shack had SanDisk 16s for $7.99 and 32G for $9.99. I was too late for the 32 but got two 16s. So it looks these are going down in price as well. They hold a lot of ebooks (I use the terabite-size drive to back up DVDs). Lots of good cheap storage tech to watch for.
DebbyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:42 AM   #642
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Those who own a Kindle Touch. Marware has their SportGrip Silicone Skin on sale for $6.99.

I'd love one for my K4S but I'm not paying $15 but I would pay $7.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #643
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
I'd love one for my K4S but I'm not paying $15 but I would pay $7.
I have a black one on my K4S and love it
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:12 AM   #644
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Did you guys see that the Fire HD is $50 off today?
Quote:
Today only, save $50 on Kindle Fire HD 8.9" when you use the code FIREHD89 at checkout (Restrictions apply)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...FD75XZN19F6D61
This is also posted as its own thread.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #645
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
A friend of my co-editor's works for Amazon at the exec level and asserted that certain Kindle Dons so intend to own the fixed-media tablet market that they're going to be giving Fire HDs away at some point (not that most of us will ever get in on that deal!).
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote