Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 06-22-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
badcopyinc
badcopyinc began at the beginning.

Device: iriver story hd, sony t1 and kobo touch
Iriver story hd demo unit only

I really dont want to give up on this thing its all there.

i took it apart and it has all the components that the real one has!

all of the functions are disabled keys do nothing but start demo screen over again. connecting to pc just charges doesn't give option connect to pc.

i tried to update via files on sd card with no success the most i got it to do is read sd card for split second. i didnt have anything on the card but 1.17 firmware. there was no response held power in for over 2 min at a shot all it did was restart.

cant figure out anything else to do to update the firmware to regular firmware instead of demo firmware!!

any ideas???
badcopyinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:32 PM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I didn't know there was such a thing as demo firmware.

Well, if you can't get access to the internal storage via USB, you're in pretty much the same situation as people with bricked readers. The device has no recovery mode for SD card; it reads updates and executes scripts on the internal memory only so without access to that you are pretty much stuck.

As far as I'm aware no one so far managed to find an unbricking method.

We have one user here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=181584 who received a device back from iriver and identified some points which they soldered, which may be a serial console; I tried to connect to those but couldn't get any valid output myself.

If you find a way to access the internal storage (other than the regular USB) let me know
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote