Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-04-2011, 10:21 AM   #1
pageturner
pageturner began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Dracula With a Bite

I know some people are having a hard time with Copia. And it sucks if they aren't helping frustrated customers. But I recently signed up again with my new laptop and I noticed two things.
1. You don't have to register with Adobe anymore. That annoying step is gone, at least for a new account/new computer.
2. I think they are doing something really interesting with eBooks. The Dracula annotations are really great. For anyone who hasn't checked out the free book
www.thecopia.com/dracula, it's worth it. I know there are plenty of other ebook sites out there, but how many are trying to take the eBook to a new level.
pageturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:47 PM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Copia takes over your ADE connection (and even deregisters it, if you install the reader). Unless you really want their annotations or social network, you are best off skipping their reader and sticking with ADE (just side-load via Settings). Their reader is still ADE under the hood and counts as another registration (just as Sony does). At least Copia doesn't force you into their reader to get books.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2011, 08:27 PM   #3
ozron
Groupie
ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, iPad, iPhone
So the only way to view the annotations is via using their own reader? Not sure I want yet another reader... However I don't see the point of downloading the book to read in another reader if the whole point of their versions are their special annotations... Are they so good it's worth going to the trouble?
ozron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:29 AM   #4
opitzs
Avid Reader
opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, PRS T1, Kobo Glo
I tried to get and failed miserably, I installed their Software in Linux(with Wine) and it failed to download the book. Then I installed it in my holy "game partition" running Win7 and again it failed to download the book. It is a shame, really.
opitzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:50 AM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Just download via the Settings page (purchase history, then grab the ACSM file) and let you usual adobe ade reader get the book.

As for "is it worth it" - likely not, for the titles where you don't get their notes, if it is a book you can get free elsewhere.

I still can't download the problem three from the last promotion they did and they still haven't bothered to attempt to help.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
cool ebooks, dracula, free books, horror