Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-13-2010, 08:11 AM   #1
dixieknits
Addict
dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color
No Wi-fi available

I'm on vacation in a cottage with no wi-fi available. There is however, an ethernet cable and internet connection. There is a new book out which I would like to purchase from Amazon. Am I able to download into my laptop and tranfer via cable to my Kindle3? I never thought I would need 3g when I chose wifi only, and 2 months later, I need it..go figure.
dixieknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:31 AM   #2
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Download Kindle 4 PC, get the book, and use USB connection to your Kindle.
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2010, 09:56 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Your user guide is your friend....

8.2 Transferring Files from Your Computer
Managing Your Documents
If your Kindle is out of Whispernet coverage, you can still add content to it by connecting it to a computer so that it acts as a USB drive. After your Kindle is attached to your computer as a USB drive, you will see three default directories or folders. The one called "documents" contains all of your digital reading materials like books, newspapers, your My Clippings file, etc. The "audible" directory is for your audiobooks, and "music" is for your MP3 files. You can add Kindle-compatible files to these directories, and you can copy, move, or delete the files that are already there. The computer file formats that you can read or listen to on your Kindle are listed below:
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:09 AM   #4
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchrist7 View Post
Download Kindle 4 PC, get the book, and use USB connection to your Kindle.
Actually, you don't need to download an application. Just download the book to any PC.

Just make sure you specify the Kindle when promoted for the device on which you plan to read the book (regardless of which device you download it to).
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 05:14 PM   #5
dixieknits
Addict
dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thankyou for your help. I'll get it this evening. I had thought that purchased Kindle books had to be "connected or attached" to a particular Kindle. I'll try right after dinner.
Advert
Old 11-13-2010, 05:31 PM   #6
dixieknits
Addict

thankyou for your help. I'll get it this evening. I had thought that purchased Kindle books had to be "connected or attached" to a particular Kindle. I'll try right after dinner.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:06 PM   #7
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
No, if you download it for Kindle 4 PC, it will be tied to K4PC, not to your Kindle. When you download to computer, it asks you what device to download for, if you have more than one. Just copy to the Kindle documents folder via USB.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote