Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 08-21-2009, 12:52 PM   #1
blonkster
blonkster began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Need to deauthorise the PRS-505 I sold

I have sold my PRS-505, but didn't realise I had to deauthorise it from my Adobe ID in ADE. How can I do this when I no longer have access to the device, so the new owner can use ADE?

thanks
Blonkster
blonkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 04:37 PM   #2
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Sony Tech support can deauthorize it for you. Contact them. That's how I had to do it when I sold my 500.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2009, 04:56 PM   #3
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
There are two authorizations on the Sony Readers: Sony's and Adobe's.

To free up the Adobe authorization, you need to have physical access to the device and a Windows computer (with Digital Editions installed). Then with the device connected to ADE, press "Ctrl-Shift-E". Note that anyone can do this, so that this should be done by whoever you sold the device to.
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 05:39 PM   #4
blonkster
blonkster began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Sony Tech support can deauthorize it for you. Contact them. That's how I had to do it when I sold my 500.
Excellent, thanks to both of you for your replies.

Can you tell me what Sony will actually deregister -is it their eBook library software, or the online warranty registration - or both?

Blonkster
blonkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 06:06 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by blonkster View Post
Excellent, thanks to both of you for your replies.

Can you tell me what Sony will actually deregister -is it their eBook library software, or the online warranty registration - or both?

Blonkster
Neither. The Sony device is authorized to the Sony account. So, basically it's digital ID is registered to your account so that eBooks bought with you account will work on the device. They remove that link.

You will still have the Sony software, you will still have your Sony account, and your PC will still be authorized to your sony account.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert