Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-28-2008, 04:06 PM   #1
ian.silverton@bt
ian.silverton@bt began at the beginning.

Device: None

Hi everyone, my name is Ian Silverton, and I live in Chester in the UK.

I enjoy reading action books and anything to do with PC's and gadgets!!

In fact I am a gadget freak!! I enjoy and own laptops, satnav, Archos players (I own 5) and have just ordered a Cybook 3 from Smiths, although I now notice the waiting list is 4 weeks, I could have sworn it said in stock when I ordered last week!

Still looks like plenty of reading on this forum meantime.

Hopefully, when my new toy arrives, I can join in the forum and post a few questions, and maybe who knows in time a few answers.

Regards

Ian Silverton
ian.silverton@bt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:46 PM   #2
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Ah -- but while you wait, go ahead and start browsing the list of MobiPocket eBooks available from MobileRead. Ah heck -- download the MobiPocket Download Guide, load it into the desktop MobiPocket Reader program for Windows PCs, and then start downloading books to read on your Cybook. (You could read them on your PC while you wait, but I can guarantee you that the experience will be *SO MUCH BETTER* on your Cybook.)

Oh yes, I should welcome you to MobileRead and encourage you to join in the discussions. Even though you haven't received your Cybook yet, you can still participate in discussions of good books to read, genre preferences, copyright laws and policies, and even the unutterable silliness that takes place in the lounge.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2008, 07:47 PM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello Ian
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:50 PM   #4
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome, Ian

Some-one should probably warn you that this forum can become as addicting as reading and gadgets
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:00 AM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Ian and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2008, 11:52 AM   #6
ian.silverton@bt

Newbie Again

Thanks eberyone for the warm welcome!

I had a slight problem with W H Smiths.

As my wife and I both work, I wanted the book reader delivered to my work address, which has someone there all day during office hours.

A lot of mail order companies offer a separate delivery address, but Smiths did not. after realising this during filling in of the order form, I changed my home address to that of my office.

They would not supply, because my credit card did not match my work address!! So they wanted me to fax a recent bank statement, which I declined to do, for obviuos reasons.

I had a heated chat over the phone with them, explained the situation, but they would not change.

So I cancelled the order, and in haste I ordered a Bebook from Amazon on Monday afternoon, this was delivered Tuesday morning at 9:15!

The irony of it all was there was no one in the office! The postman took the parcel back to the sorting office, which closed at 14:00, which was after I arrived, having been delayed on site work in Ellesmere Port.

Ah well I get my new toy tomorrow.

Have I made a mistake getting the Bebook?

Best regards

Ian Silverton
Old 12-30-2008, 12:06 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian.silverton@bt View Post

Have I made a mistake getting the Bebook?
Seems a bit late to be asking this question. What were you ordering from WHSmith? The Be Book also?

Many here have and like the BeBook. I'm sure it is a fine reader and you will get along well with it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:28 PM   #8
ian.silverton@bt

Hi Pilotbob,

I was ordering the Cybook 3, but some of the comments I saw on the Bebook were quite good, so i had a change of mind.

Thanks for the reply.

Ian S.