Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
$20 off Kobo eReaders & Tablets*

$20 off when buying select devices from Kobo.com now through Dec. 9th.

http://www.kobo.com/devices.html?utm...ec420offkoboUS

Use Code:
xmas20

Quote:
*Discount code is valid for one time $20 off select eReaders and tablets listed at regular price. Offer valid from December 4, 2013 at 12:00 AM EST through December 9, 2013 at 11:59 PM EST. This online offer is only valid on eligible in-stock item(s) purchased during the same transaction, limit of 3 devices. This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and cannot be used to adjust amount paid on previous purchases. Promotional code must be entered at time of purchase to qualify for this discount. Discounts cannot be applied nor the discount value refunded once a purchase is complete. We reserve the right to change or end this offer at any time without notice.

Device discount code is valid for one time use only and for residents of the forty eight (48) contiguous United States, District of Columbia, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 12-04-2013 at 11:29 AM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:23 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
What? no Alaska? it borders Canada

The only one I would've considered is the Mini and it's the only one not eligible.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #3
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
The Mini shows - ugh! My mistake! That is ridiculous. It should be included.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Maybe they think it's still a Russian territory.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #5
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post

The only one I would've considered is the Mini and it's the only one not eligible.
Can you imagine the cost of shipping to a remote Alaskan village?

This brings the Kobo Aura to $10 more than the PW2. It's a shame one can't easily see one in person.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #6
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
yea, I want a glow but have been hoping for a bigger drop....crazy how hard it is to spend money on yourself. I have had no problem shopping for the kids in my fam, but me....noooooooooo

Anyone had any experience with the Glo?...i would be moving from the NST (no glow) - Kind of looking forward to the light and the ability to (really) manage collections/shelves
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #7
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post

This brings the Kobo Aura to $10 more than the PW2. It's a shame one can't easily see one in person.
Isn't the PW2 $139? So with the $20 discount the Aura would be $129 , $10 less than the PW2.

Or are you referring to PW2 with special offers which is $119?
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post

Have the customer pay the shipping.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #9
Fanchee
Connoisseur
Fanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notes

Device: Aura H20, PRS-350, Kobo Aura HD
Ok, this finally pushed me to order an Aura. But both times I've tried, I get stuck with a spinning wheel saying "your order is processing" once I hit submit. For 10+ minutes! I checked my cc to see if any charges were pending... nothing. I called Kobo and the lady couldn't find an order for me, and suggested I wait 24 hours.

Sigh. This company just does not make it easy.
Fanchee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #10
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
Isn't the PW2 $139? So with the $20 discount the Aura would be $129 , $10 less than the PW2.

Or are you referring to PW2 with special offers which is $119?
Yes, special offers.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #11
Zoshka
Connoisseur
Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 & 4, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
yea, I want a glow but have been hoping for a bigger drop....crazy how hard it is to spend money on yourself. I have had no problem shopping for the kids in my fam, but me....noooooooooo

Anyone had any experience with the Glo?...i would be moving from the NST (no glow) - Kind of looking forward to the light and the ability to (really) manage collections/shelves
I had a glo, bought from Powell's Books online. I loved the feel with the quilted back, and the light was uniform and easy to use. The ability to make various font adjustments was also really nice. Since it uses IR for registering touch, the screen is recessed a bit, but it didn't bother me. Unfortunately, it also allowed spilled coffee to get underneath, which ruined mine, alas. If you want some good videos on the Kobo devices, including comparisons with Kindles and Nooks, goodereader.com is very Kobo friendly, with very long and detailed video reviews.

I'm torn between the new Nook Glowlight and a Kobo for epub reading. I was almost going to buy a Paperwhite, but then rumors promise an HD version with all sorts of other fancy enhancements in the Spring, so I didn't want to feel buyer's remorse. I also kind of like my Nook HD for both epub and Kindle compatability and not having to deal with page flashes.
Zoshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:51 PM   #12
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:

I have a Glo and it is my favorite e-ink reader. Small, light weight, the light is great, and the collection management with Calibre and the plugins is a million times better than trying to do collections on any Kindle. It's fast, and has an SD card slot, too. I highly recommend it!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #13
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanchee View Post
Ok, this finally pushed me to order an Aura. But both times I've tried, I get stuck with a spinning wheel saying "your order is processing" once I hit submit. For 10+ minutes! I checked my cc to see if any charges were pending... nothing. I called Kobo and the lady couldn't find an order for me, and suggested I wait 24 hours.

Sigh. This company just does not make it easy.
Any updates on this? I am sitting now with the wheel wondering should I leave it be for a while or give up.

ETA: Ugh...Gave up and tried to open a chat, but the page would not load, so submitted a ticket to receive assistance by email (since technically i shouldn't be shopping @ W). Will watch for their response.

Hopefully they get it together soon; it took me long enough to convince myself to buy it.

Last edited by gabby98; 12-05-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #14
Fanchee
Connoisseur
Fanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notes

Device: Aura H20, PRS-350, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Any updates on this? I am sitting now with the wheel wondering should I leave it be for a while or give up.

ETA: Ugh...Gave up and tried to open a chat, but the page would not load, so submitted a ticket to receive assistance by email (since technically i shouldn't be shopping @ W). Will watch for their response.

Hopefully they get it together soon; it took me long enough to convince myself to buy it.
I've tried at least a half dozen times between yesterday and today, to no avail. I've read about the problems with Kobo customer service, and now this... Definitely does not breed confidence.

I'll probably keep trying but I'm beginning to suspect this "issue" may resolve itself just as soon as the coupon code expires.
Fanchee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:34 PM   #15
gabby98
Wizard

Ugh...so I called customer care since I am home now...they had me try again, try another browser, another card and a new account. NOW they want to escalate it to the website/app people to be fixed. I swear if I show multiple charges to my card I will drive to Canada myself and slap someone. (I will say that when I login to my CC i see no charge attempts, but if they can't keep a working site, they either need to go back to basics or work with a Web Team that knows what they are doing!)