Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #1
seacity1
Zealot
seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.

Device: Samsung Galaxy 10.1 2014 Edition,Nook HD+, Nook Color, Nook ST & Ipad3
Book Covers not showing up

This is a bit of a strange problem. I have 3 books that show up with blank covers in the Nook library & on the Nook desktop. However the covers do show up correctly in the Calibre Companion app & when I open the book. Should I delete the books & try uploading them again?
seacity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:47 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Do an epub to epub conversion and then resend the books.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2013, 01:06 PM   #3
seacity1
Zealot
seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.

Device: Samsung Galaxy 10.1 2014 Edition,Nook HD+, Nook Color, Nook ST & Ipad3
Thanks - that worked. I realized the thing that was common with 2 of the 3 books was that I had used "Polish" to insert/change covers. The third book was an epub that had a good cover & did not appear to be in need of conversion. As mentioned all 3 books showed up in both Calibre & Calibre Companion with covers intact when the books were opened. They were only missing the covers in the Nook library itself. Based on this experience I am not sure when to use conversion instead of Polish?? I have been trying to use Polish because it appears to be less "invasive."
seacity1 is offline   Reply With Quote