Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-18-2012, 11:25 AM   #31
CVitzli
CVitzli began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
Hello, Is it possible to reupload the file? it is unavailable, I've got the same problem with freezing during booting sequence after update, thank you
CVitzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #32
Koda
Connoisseur
Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: 13" E-ink reader
Same problem here Brand new M92
Can you please repost the fixed firmware, even if it's temp solution waiting for the officiale release.

Last edited by Koda; 03-19-2012 at 12:38 PM.
Koda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:09 PM   #33
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda View Post
Same problem here Brand new M92
Can you please repost the fixed firmware, even if it's temp solution waiting for the officiale release.
Hi,

Tomorrow I will publish the firmware that solves that "freezing" problem. It is nighttime in China now, so we have to wait a couple of hours
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #34
moesasji
moesasji began at the beginning.

Device: onyx m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,

Tomorrow I will publish the firmware that solves that "freezing" problem. It is nighttime in China now, so we have to wait a couple of hours
Excellent to hear this level of service Booxtor.

Anyway just to add for those affected as I've had the same issue of the M92 not getting past the startup screen with the bar full. Connecting the device to a computer and then restarting the device is the workaround that worked for me.
moesasji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:39 PM   #35
Koda
Connoisseur
Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.

Thank you Booxtor.
Moesaji I tryed but no luck for me
Old 03-20-2012, 05:28 AM   #36
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi,
Here it is: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/update-20120309.zip

Please be aware that this special update is only for solving the freezing problem of M92. The reason of that problem is that there is an separated partition for storing the user data and configurations, like screen display parameters, settings and reading histories, etc. This partition is not formatted during the updating process. After the constant usage, this partition may need re-formatting since the files stored in it may be corrupted. So, the special update will format this partition to solve the problem.

Therefore:
1) please do not use this update for normal update of M92, or the settings and reading histories will be lost.

2) It is just modified version 1.7 (20120224) so dont install it, if you expect some new functions. The 1.7 with some new functions and bug fixes will be published soon.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:04 AM   #37
Koda
Connoisseur

I downloaded and updated but no luck ((
I did the update 2 times following Mark's instructions. The first time it took around 10 minutes, then reboot and hanged. The second time it took around 2-3 minutes but the device still hangs.
What I'm experiencing seems a little bit different from the first post of this topic.
I have a FLASHING blu light and the reset function on the back of the device doesn't work at all. If I try the reset function the blue light stops flashing but the screen remain the same and nothing else happens.
The device was working with the pre-installed 1.6.n firmware.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:26 AM   #38
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
I downloaded and updated but no luck....
I forwarded your particular problem to our lab. We will try to figure out what else could be done.. Let us a little bit time..

Where did you buy your M92? If from our store, I could offer you exchange of the device..

Last edited by Booxtor; 03-20-2012 at 07:30 AM.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:59 AM   #39
Koda
Connoisseur

Yes is from you. It arrived this monday. You are very kind, but if we can find a "software" solution I think this will spare us time and shippings. Let's try to check for a software solution first?
Old 03-20-2012, 04:24 PM   #40
paco_lch
paco_lch began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
I downloaded and updated but no luck ((
I did the update 2 times following Mark's instructions. The first time it took around 10 minutes, then reboot and hanged. The second time it took around 2-3 minutes but the device still hangs.
What I'm experiencing seems a little bit different from the first post of this topic.
I have a FLASHING blu light and the reset function on the back of the device doesn't work at all. If I try the reset function the blue light stops flashing but the screen remain the same and nothing else happens.
The device was working with the pre-installed 1.6.n firmware.
In my case flashing blue meant "low battery."
Please make sure it is fully charged
paco_lch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:40 PM   #41
Koda
Connoisseur

I will try to fully charge it as well tomorrow. Thanks
Old 03-21-2012, 05:58 AM   #42
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
I will try to fully charge it as well tomorrow. Thanks
Could you please try following steps:

1. Charge the battery of the device for a couple of hours
2. Repeat installation of firmware 1.7 (24)
3. Switch on the device with the power button after installation
4. If it hangs in boot screen, reset it (reset hole on the rear cover)
5. Switch on the device with the power button again.

If nothing helps - just send the device (complete) to our service office in Germany and you will get either repaired or new device (if you want with preinstalled 1.7).
Old 03-21-2012, 06:13 AM   #43
Koda
Connoisseur

Ok I will try let's hope there is no need to send the reader back
Old 03-21-2012, 08:26 AM   #44
Koda
Connoisseur

No luck. As soon as the update process finished, the boot screen fires, the progress bar complete and the power light begins flashing slowly and the reader is frozen.
I restarted (keeping pressed the on button for 10 sec). No luck
I resetted and then restarted. Same issue.
During the progress bar the led stays on but as soon as the progress bar reaches the end, the led starts flashing.
The device was charged for about 2 hours
Old 03-21-2012, 08:37 AM   #45
Koda
Connoisseur

Ok... something happened I wanted to try another time with the "fix" posted by mark and it seems it worked.
I'm on the menu now. I'll try to use the device for a while and reboot.
Now what is your suggention for the future? Do you think the device hardware has some issues? I'm a bit scary when the official 1.7 (or future 1.x come out) to flash again