Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-18-2015, 03:33 PM   #1
jdege
Connoisseur
jdege began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tablet
First letter grouping in titles view?

When I have Calibre Companion connected to Calibre's Content Server, and select "Titles", I see a sorted list of all the titles on my server, without grouping by first letter.

When you have more than a couple of hundred books, this list effectively impossible to navigate.

Is there some way to get first-letter grouping to work on titles, the way it does on "Authors" or "Publishers"?
jdege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 04:04 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdege View Post
When I have Calibre Companion connected to Calibre's Content Server, and select "Titles", I see a sorted list of all the titles on my server, without grouping by first letter.

When you have more than a couple of hundred books, this list effectively impossible to navigate.

Is there some way to get first-letter grouping to work on titles, the way it does on "Authors" or "Publishers"?
Selecting books by title will always give you all the books in the library. This is baked into calibre's content server. However, if you create a custom column "made from other columns" with the template {title_sort} then you will be able to browse that column by first letters, giving you what you want.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert