Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-07-2010, 03:50 AM   #1
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Free book - Smashwords - The Book of Adam: Autobiography of the First Human Clone

Title: The Book of Adam: Autobiography of the First Human Clone by Robert M. Hopper

Humanity's search for identity and immortality takes a new twist with the birth of Adam-2, the first human clone. His memoir draws us into a thrilling family drama that explores the social, religious, scientific, and highly personal ramifications of a world in the near future where it becomes commonplace to have oneself cloned after death. In the end, it's a story of one man's fear of death.

First sentence of book - Nine months after I died, my daughter gave birth to me.

also at B&N

Last edited by Purple Lady; 08-07-2010 at 04:45 AM.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:26 AM   #2
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Sounds interesting--thanks for the link!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2010, 06:59 PM   #3
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

I'm about 1/4 of the way through the book. I think it's really good. If it can sustain the quality, the characterization, the atmosphere and the suspense the rest of the way, it'll be a 5-star book for me.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:24 PM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
It's also free for Kobo
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:07 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I got it free at iBooks also.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2010, 10:42 AM   #6
rlparker
Ars longa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlparker View Post
I'm about 1/4 of the way through the book. I think it's really good. If it can sustain the quality, the characterization, the atmosphere and the suspense the rest of the way, it'll be a 5-star book for me.
Finished last night. It did and it is!
Old 08-09-2010, 08:23 PM   #7
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlparker View Post
Finished last night. It did and it is!
for a free book, it's amazing just how well written it is.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:42 PM   #8
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I have an abandoned Nano novel that is on the subject of cloning I might finish it one day. I will avoid this one for fear of being tainted
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:30 PM   #9
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
When I checked this morning, it was no longer free at Amazon ($2.99, still very reasonably priced) but still free at Kobobooks. I grabbed a copy for later reading.

I see how this "free ebook thing" results in a huge stack of TBR electrons.
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:49 PM   #10
Trebro
Connoisseur
Trebro began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Strnad View Post
When I checked this morning, it was no longer free at Amazon ($2.99, still very reasonably priced) but still free at Kobobooks. I grabbed a copy for later reading.

I see how this "free ebook thing" results in a huge stack of TBR electrons.
Its still free on Smashwords, which has a Kindle-friendly version.

And yeah, I'd hate for anyone to see my TBR list from all the free stuff I've grabbed here and there while it was still free.
Trebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:06 PM   #11
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Just got it! Thanks
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:57 AM   #12
rlparker
Ars longa

The author is on Goodreads. I got a very nice reply from him when I PM'd him a thanks and congratulations note.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:56 AM   #13
rmhopper
rmhopper began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
I want to thank you all for the interest in my book and the kind words! Completing my first novel fulfilled a life-long goal. Naturally, I was cringing as I finally put it out into the world. To have it positively received is unbelievably heartening. And your help in generating so many downloads is a great boon to any new writer.

I'll be keeping it free on Smashwords until September 25, at which point the e-book will be $2.99 (and that will probably get slowly filtered down through iBooks, Kobo, B&N, etc., as Smashwords is the distributor for all but the Kindle). But for the foreseeable future, I'm going to keep the free multimedia version on my website at http://www.robhopper.com.

In the meantime, I'd be extremely grateful for any feedback or questions, helping me know what's working and what isn't working, which no doubt will help me as a writer and help guide me as I further develop the outline for the second book in the trilogy. My e-mail is rob@robhopper.com, and my Facebook is http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=660055319.

Thank you for all your time and for all you do in spreading the word about other ebooks!

Sincerely,
Rob
rmhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 04:35 AM   #14
SlowRain
Addict
SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: HTC 10, Asus Phonepad
Thanks for posting this. I picked it up from Smashwords.
SlowRain is offline   Reply With Quote