Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-14-2008, 02:30 PM   #1
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
File Sync software

Peeps,

I'm looking to find out what software apps (for Windows and Mac) you use to synchronize files. I will be storing my ebooks on a SFTP share and want to sync them to my Sony Reader. I have used some file sync software in the past but it's been a long time so I'm hoping you all have some good recommendations for me. Thanks!!!

If this is the wrong place to put this, please feel free to move it.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 03:08 PM   #2
stxopher
Nameless Being

Using Syncback for scheduled backups because...well, just because. I've used it so long I never needed anything else for timed backups even though I'm sure there is much better.

But the one I use the most is Microsofts SynchToy. Small, simple and you can set it up to just synch what you want it to. Price is not TO outrageous. Umm, free, actually. They do have a ver2 but the 1.4 seems to be better. This is an on demand sync program instead of scheduled but then that would probably be best for matching up with a reader.
Advert
Old 08-21-2008, 03:50 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Syncback sounds perfect for backing up my eBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:10 PM   #4
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
GoodSync is not bad. Overall, I use BeInSync to sync my desktop and laptop computers. I haven't had any reason (that I know of) to sync my Sony Reader; because I sync and backup my ebooks which I store on my desktop, I hadn't thought about doing the Reader separately. I do use BeInSync to sync my books between the desktop and the laptop. I also use Carbonite to backup offsite automatically and I use NovaBackup to backup locally (well, to my NAS box). I think if I were going to do my Reader alone, I would use Goodsync.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote