Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-08-2011, 09:13 AM   #1
humanfromearth
humanfromearth is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3
Calibre conversion standalone library

Hi,

I'm interested in the conversion part of calibre. Are there any plans for this in the future? How does the community and specifically the maintainer view this possibility?
humanfromearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:59 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
No plans and the current design does not make this a feasible change.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2011, 07:05 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Moderator Notice
Thread Moved. Please read this sticky post prior to posting in the Development forum.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:39 PM   #4
humanfromearth

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
No plans and the current design does not make this a feasible change.
I see. Thank you for your response. Would any patches be accepted to make this possible? I'm planning to do it and wish to know if this would be an accepted direction. I would rather not make a fork because I'll have to maintain it and that would be to much for me.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:29 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Since calibre is written in python, making a standalone library is pointless. It would be usable only from other python applications. Far better to dowhat I have done, make a comprehensive command line interface, that can be used from anywhere.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2011, 04:51 PM   #6
humanfromearth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
making a standalone library is pointless.
I guess I found what I came for.