Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-01-2009, 06:58 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
This looks like a wonderfully comic ZOMBIE book that's very NOVEL

It's called:

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Classic Regency Romance - Now with Ultraviolent Zombie Mayhem!

It's over at Amazon. Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Pride-Prejudic...8461286&sr=1-1

That's a wonderfully hilarious title, and I can't wait to read it. The premise is wonderful. I LOVE zombie books, often because they're SO hilarious and unbelievable. This one looks different, one that is actually written to be FUNNY!

Anyway, has anyone read this and can anyone recommend it before I buy it?

Thanks.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:05 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Ricky mentioned it a couple days ago.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...judice+zombies
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:09 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Ricky mentioned it a couple days ago.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...judice+zombies
I just now read the reviews over at Amazon, and the readers there seem to love it. Has anyone here actually read the book, do you know?

Don
Old 04-08-2009, 08:28 PM   #4
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
where can you get it for the prs505? No more paper books for me.
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:22 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgauth View Post
where can you get it for the prs505? No more paper books for me.
I don't believe it's available for the Sony readers, but this sounds like a great read. I'll probably have to buy it, since my sense of humor verges on the wildly fantastic.

Don
Old 04-10-2009, 12:55 PM   #6
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I've been waiting for this one also. Youz guyz click the "get this one for the kindle" link on the page, then badaboom badabay, quick like, strip it, flip it (into a Sony-readable format), and sell me a copy under the table via Paypal. Youz dint see nuthin' ya hear?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:21 PM   #7
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
It's available to Kindle now http://www.amazon.com/Pride-Prejudic...9384050&sr=8-2
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:06 AM   #8
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
If it just got Kindlized, it will no doubt soon be ebooked for the others. Give it another week or so.
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:33 AM   #9
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
No reason to create a new thread, but there's another one:

The War of the Worlds: H.G. Wells's Classic Plus Blood, Guts and Zombies

Multiformat...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:41 AM   #10
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I just now read the reviews over at Amazon, and the readers there seem to love it. Has anyone here actually read the book, do you know?

Don
I'm half-way through it now - it is funny - esp. the juxtaposition of Austen's prose against descriptions of skull crushing and brain banquets - but the joke seems to be running out mid-way. But I will soldier on!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:00 PM   #11
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
New one coming in September 15 (in paper and audio, not sure about the ebook release date). Sense and Sensibilities and Sea Monsters.

There are some fun sample images on the buy page as well.

Quote:
Product Description
From the publisher of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies comes a new tale of romance, heartbreak, and tentacled mayhem.

Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters expands the original text of the beloved Jane Austen novel with all-new scenes of giant lobsters, rampaging octopi, two-headed sea serpents, and other biological monstrosities. As our story opens, the Dashwood sisters are evicted from their childhood home and sent to live on a mysterious island full of savage creatures and dark secrets. While sensible Elinor falls in love with Edward Ferrars, her romantic sister Marianne is courted by both the handsome Willoughby and the hideous man-monster Colonel Brandon. Can the Dashwood sisters triumph over meddlesome matriarchs and unscrupulous rogues to find true love? Or will they fall prey to the tentacles that are forever snapping at their heels? This masterful portrait of Regency England blends Jane Austen’s biting social commentary with ultraviolent depictions of sea monsters biting. It’s survival of the fittest—and only the swiftest swimmers will find true love
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 03:54 PM   #12
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
I actually picked the Pride and Prejudice and Zombies book up not too long ago at PageOne in Taipei. The book is fairly nicely printed and has some nice illustrations that make it a nice parody. I haven't read much of it, but I sort of bought it for the novelty value anyway, and have been afraid that I'd be disappointed by the actual content. I'll have to crack it open sometime. Needs to be put in queue though...
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:45 AM   #13
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
It's apparently "in" to make zombie books, as there's a new one:

http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/b9...rk-Twain/?si=0

(multiformat even!)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:27 AM   #14
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
Seriously it is the best scam ever. Here are all of these classic books in the public domain - can't make any money off of them and even if you could no one wants to read them (generalization I know). Slap a few zombie references in every couple of pages and some funny illustrations and you have (a) found a way to take it back out of the public domain and (b) opened up a whole new demographic who will read it because they think it is a zombie story or merely because they like the idea of the humourous desecration of a classic work they were forced to read and intensely disliked at some point in their life. Brilliant. Minimal effort for maximum results - they should be teaching this in business school.

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:09 AM   #15
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelC View Post
Seriously it is the best scam ever. Here are all of these classic books in the public domain - can't make any money off of them and even if you could no one wants to read them (generalization I know). Slap a few zombie references in every couple of pages and some funny illustrations and you have (a) found a way to take it back out of the public domain and (b) opened up a whole new demographic who will read it because they think it is a zombie story or merely because they like the idea of the humourous desecration of a classic work they were forced to read and intensely disliked at some point in their life. Brilliant. Minimal effort for maximum results - they should be teaching this in business school.

Mel
An observation:

While I don't entirely agree with your logic, you got me to thinking about a good Series Title for all these zombie/classic mutations that are already starting to appear: "Classics For Dead People"

Don