Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-09-2008, 03:38 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Holiday ebook sale from Fictionwise

Just received this while up early this A.M. grading papers:

"HOLIDAY" EBOOK SALE To help you get in the holiday spirit, we're offering 30% off on over400 "Holiday" eBooks. This sale runs from now through Christmas Day.Improve your holiday cheer and stuff your stocking early."

But give MobileRead a try, too. We're busy adding Christmas titles...

So "Merry Christmas" you ebook fiends! (I couldn't say that phrase at my school in the U.S. But I'm going to say it now: "Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas! Ho-Ho-Ho! Merry Christmas")

If you feel left out, here's this: "Happy Holidays!"

Don
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 03:11 PM   #2
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

So "Merry Christmas" you ebook fiends! (I couldn't say that phrase at my school in the U.S. But I'm going to say it now: "Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas! Ho-Ho-Ho! Merry Christmas")

Don
Right back at ya, Dr. Drib!
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:21 PM   #3
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sony is also doing a ho-ho-ho! They're having a 35% off sale for holiday titles:

http://ebookstore.sony.com/search?fi...redOnSale_1%22
Old 12-09-2008, 09:18 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Just received this while up early this A.M. grading papers:
You must be in the first email batch. You are always getting these emails before me... sometimes by a day or two. Harumph!!!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:15 PM   #5
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Huh? I though Fictionwise not doing any more sales this year ?

Its a conspiracy, I tell you
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:24 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
You must be in the first email batch. You are always getting these emails before me... sometimes by a day or two. Harumph!!!

BOb
I'm always waking up before you!

Old 12-10-2008, 09:44 AM   #7
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
Huh? I though Fictionwise not doing any more sales this year ?

Its a conspiracy, I tell you
More like a Broadway show - 'anything you can do I can do better...'
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:12 PM   #8
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

BOb
You mean I'm not the only one that gets the emails nearly a day and a half later?! Seriously, I only got the holiday books email last night around 7p.m.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:15 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
I'm always waking up before you!

Heh heh... maybe true. But, I don't think that's it. I'll see your post on a special and get an email from FW about it the next day or even two days later.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:00 PM   #10
Seabound
Steerage Class

I think maybe Dr. Drib is a special customer of fictionwise.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:35 AM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabound View Post
I think maybe Dr. Drib is a special customer of fictionwise.
I WISH I wasn't that special. I find I'm giving them too much of my money and too quickly.

Seriously: I'm way behind on my reading of Fictionwise titles, since I'm now reading about 4 Sony-purchased titles.

And now, there's all those free Sony (Random House) titles. People are giving away too many free books, so I think the ebook boom is about to really start in a very big way. In about two years, ebook Readers will be available like mp3 players - but not in such staggering numbers, of course - and prices will plummet. (Of course, that's just my opinion.)

Don