Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-30-2012, 03:11 AM   #34576
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
O.K... so I was wrong. We went out and almost got blown off the road. It's a good thing we took the car and not the bike! Even the car was getting blown around. But it seemed like everyone and his brother came out today... There were kilometer-long lines of cars waiting to get into shopping mall parking lots, forget trying to get into a fast food shop. We wound up at our neighborhood sushi shop and had to wait 5 minutes for a table. The supermarket was busy, and the roads crowded. And all of us out of our bloody minds for venturing out on a day like today!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:22 AM   #34577
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
You should have come for a quiet treadly ride out with us today. it started to rain gently just as we got home.

Now it is nearly 5.30, I have had my early bath and in my pyjamas (the PINK kitty ones), and mormons just knocked on the door! they must have wondered about the earlyness of the pyjamas.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #34578
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Wondering why it is the beginning of October and we are going to have over 100F today (over 37C). We are suppose to be putting away summer clothes and getting our sweaters ready to wear, turning our air conditioners off and changing filters to get ready to turn on the heaters, and enjoying hot drinks while reading.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #34579
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Looking into getting away for a midweek or maybe even a full week in January or February. The Center Parcs park I went to almost a year ago is about €170 for a midweek in one of their luxury appartments but various Landal parks (including the one I went to with my sister in March) is around €200 for a luxury bungalow for a full week.

Landal has less things to do, a small swimming pool and a small restaurant and shop. But in Center Parcs I didn't participate in any of the activities and I don't swim (people might get traumatized when seeing me in a swimsuit ). I liked the restaurant. The only thing is that the shop is small and somewhat overpriced (CP has a bigger even more overpriced supermarket) and if it's cold I don't like to cycle 15 minutes to the nearest supermarket in town.

Or I might pick another Landal, however, the one we went to earlier this year is most convenient for my father when bringing me: he plays billiard every Monday in that town so he can go right through.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #34580
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I want to be reincarnated as a cat .....

I call this "It's Hard Work Being This Cute!"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	StellaOutCold. jpeg.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	93269  
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:23 PM   #34581
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

cuuuuuuuuuuuuuute
Old 10-03-2012, 04:29 AM   #34582
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hemming my pants by hand. The price went up since I last had it done here... I could buy a whole new pair in the US for what they want to charge for 10 minutes work on a sewing machine!

Stitchawl
Old 10-03-2012, 05:25 AM   #34583
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

I hem my pants with that iron on tape. I did it once as an emergency, and it stayed put for ages through the wash and everything. When it finally failed, I just renewed the tape.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:43 AM   #34584
Stitchawl
Opsimath

I actually DID buy some tape the other day at the ¥100 Shop, but I decided that I needed to do something creative with my hands today, and sewing a pair of pants only took me 20 minutes. It took me longer to get it all pinned up so that I could sew it! But I won't be able to do the waists or thighs of the other pants so I guess I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and pay. I don't understand... I see Japanese guys who are MUCH bigger than me. Where do they get their clothes?!? The largest size that most of the shops carry is a 32. I need a 36 now. I went to LL Bean in Osaka the other day and did find two pair that were 36, but only in one style (the wrong one for me) and in the wrong colors. I just want plain navy, tan, or black. I can NOT wear red pants nor plaid pants...

Stitchawl
Old 10-03-2012, 06:48 AM   #34585
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Why not order online?
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:27 AM   #34586
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I just finished moving my reading chair and light to my bedroom. I didn't have a good chair in that room and when watching something on my new tv I would sit in my bed. But I noticed that my back doesn't like it when I do that for a longer period of time, so I cleaned up to make space for the chair, Fatboy Point and reading light.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:40 AM   #34587
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Why not order online?
I do. Often. But in this case, because of the rapid weight loss, I really didn't know what size to order! There 'was' a shop in Kyoto that carried two well known American brands; Dickies and Wrangler, but at very high prices. I went there first just to try to try on these brands so I would know what size I needed, and could then order on line. Unfortunately, the store was no longer there... So do I order 36 or 37 or 38? And as I'm sure you've experienced, the sizes from one manufacturer don't always jive with the sizes from another. I remember my first wife often bought from J.C. Penny catalogs when we lived in the mid-west, buying several different dresses at different sizes, then returning the ones that didn't look or fit correctly. But overseas returns get expensive...

Stitchawl
Old 10-03-2012, 07:57 AM   #34588
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Gotcha. That makes sense. Is there some place that you can go to get your meausrements taken? Most online stores have the option of checking your measurements against their sizes.

I am at work waiting for something to do. 2 1/2 weeks before I start a new job. Well, my old job with a new company. Atleast today I got to enjoy some time with Lucas in the morning. He woke up at 3:30 wanting to be fed, a nice 8 hour sleep for him, 6 hours for me. While initially annoyed, hey its 3:30 and I get up at 5, I quickly adjusted and just enjoyed the chance to feed my boy, play a game of Puerto Rico, read a bit, and then enjoy a 40 minute nap with the little guy on my chest. He even stayed a sleep when I put him to bed at 5, which my husband appreciated. Hubby gets up at 7 if he can.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:16 PM   #34589
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Here are some in your colour. And you don't have to worry about losing or gaining weight or hemming anything. A win win win win pair of pants.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:34 PM   #34590
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
And they're comfortable. Stretch pants are all I ever wear around the house.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?