Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-27-2010, 06:59 AM   #1
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
How to review highlights/notes on PDF's Files that not have table of contents

Hi all!

Is there a way to to this? I know if I connect via USB I can see the file structure, but in the PB902 I can not see those notes

Any thoghts?
thanks
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:25 PM   #2
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Any help PLEASE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
Hi all!

Is there a way to to this? I know if I connect via USB I can see the file structure, but in the PB902 I can not see those notes

Any thoghts?
thanks
Old 12-29-2010, 01:06 PM   #3
skydive
Addict

I am asking a really (stupid) question here? Nobody reads PDF and captures notes to review it Later on the PB902?

Old 12-29-2010, 03:41 PM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I never used it until trying it out now. To me it looks like a bug with taking notes in PDF files. I can take notes in PDF files with and without tables of contents, and I can see the contents of a note by selecting it in the Fast Access/Contents or Main Menu/Notes sections and holding down the OK button, but clicking OK on the note always takes me to the wrong page in the file (usually the first page).

I even tried adding a simple table of contents to a PDF file that didn't have one originally, but it didn't change anything; clicking on the note always jumped to the wrong page.

I also tried this with an EPUB file, and everything worked perfectly there.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:03 PM   #5
skydive
Addict

Thanks rkomar!

I can take the note, and you can see it in the fiel structure as images!, but will be cool if I can see it on the PB902 Notes Area
Old 12-29-2010, 07:51 PM   #6
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I can take the note, and you can see it in the fiel structure as images!, but will be cool if I can see it on the PB902 Notes Area
It looks like it's even more broken for you than for me. Do you have the latest firmware installed? I'm testing against 2.0.3. I also can't see any images in the file structure, at least not in the same directories as the PDF files. Where do you see your images?
Old 12-29-2010, 09:05 PM   #7
skydive
Addict

ok! I have same version 2.0.3.

Connect your 902 to your computer via the option of pclink.

go to notes-default.

YOu will see that, every time your create a note, they ask you for a name of that directory on the 902. I always select add to new note, then will request a name, and the name that appears by default is the one as the same name of your PDF file. select that

and the n you can see it, but connected to the compueter, no in the Notes option on the main menu of the 902.

hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
It looks like it's even more broken for you than for me. Do you have the latest firmware installed? I'm testing against 2.0.3. I also can't see any images in the file structure, at least not in the same directories as the PDF files. Where do you see your images?
Old 12-29-2010, 10:24 PM   #8
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
ok! I have same version 2.0.3.

Connect your 902 to your computer via the option of pclink.

go to notes-default.

YOu will see that, every time your create a note, they ask you for a name of that directory on the 902. I always select add to new note, then will request a name, and the name that appears by default is the one as the same name of your PDF file. select that

and the n you can see it, but connected to the compueter, no in the Notes option on the main menu of the 902.

hope this helps
This is pretty different from what I experience. I don't get prompted at all when I create a note; I just select something like "Copy as image" in the menu, and that's it. The note then appears in the Fast Access/Contents and Main Menu/Notes sections, displayed within the table of contents for each document. I am using the North American firmware.

There is no "notes-default" directory that I can find. I have a "notes" directory, but it is empty. In fact, I think my notes must be stored on the hidden partition because I can't find any trace of them in the partition I can mount. I think the firmware must be different in our two cases.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:13 PM   #9
skydive
Addict

ok

Go to main menu

library

and select the file your want to read, but, hold the center-ok button for 2seconds

A pop window will appear.

select de fbpdfviewer. Look like you are using the pdfviewer instead of the fbpdfviewer

the menu will look different from the adobe pdf viewer.

then you will see all the things that I explain before..
Old 12-30-2010, 01:36 AM   #10
rkomar
Wizard

Okay, I tried with pdfviewer and everything is exactly as you say. I'm glad you figured out why our experiences were different.

Now that we have settled that, I'm not sure where to go from here. Reporting the bugs to PB is all I can think of. It's clear that the two programs don't share the same note-taking infrastructure, which seems problematic to me, even if both worked perfectly.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:45 AM   #11
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
well the first viewer is built on Adobe SDK to support Adobe DRM. that is why it has multiple viewers in the first place- for more versatility. PocketBook provides choices that arent available from others.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:52 AM   #12
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
well the first viewer is built on Adobe SDK to support Adobe DRM. that is why it has multiple viewers in the first place- for more versatility. PocketBook provides choices that arent available from others.
I have been bitching about some annoyances with my 902, mostly because they are so minor. Margins that are too small, notes that don't quite behave, no English dictionary,... They seem like things that can be fixed without massive effort, so they're somewhat disappointing to run into in the first place.

Having said that, I'm generally pleased with this device. I won't be returning it for a refund, nor advising anyone to avoid it. It's a nice piece of kit, and if the firmware can be polished up a little bit more, I'd be genuinely happy with it. I'm only grousing because I want these minor irritations to be recognized and fixed in a later firmware update.

So come on PB, a little more spit and polish and you'll have a device that will be a classic.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:26 AM   #13
skydive
Addict

totally agree with rkomar!!

PB developers: this one are easy to fix and you will have a ereader on the market that stands for the competition (although already has stands!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I have been bitching about some annoyances with my 902, mostly because they are so minor. Margins that are too small, notes that don't quite behave, no English dictionary,... They seem like things that can be fixed without massive effort, so they're somewhat disappointing to run into in the first place.

Having said that, I'm generally pleased with this device. I won't be returning it for a refund, nor advising anyone to avoid it. It's a nice piece of kit, and if the firmware can be polished up a little bit more, I'd be genuinely happy with it. I'm only grousing because I want these minor irritations to be recognized and fixed in a later firmware update.

So come on PB, a little more spit and polish and you'll have a device that will be a classic.