Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
killdanzig
killdanzig could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.killdanzig could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.killdanzig could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.killdanzig could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.killdanzig could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.killdanzig could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.killdanzig could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.killdanzig could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.killdanzig could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.killdanzig could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.killdanzig could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony PRS-600
kindle books and the ipad

i just bought "Tuck" from the kindle app, and now my wife also wants to read the book at the same time.

unfortunately she has a sony prs600.

is it possible to pull that book from my ipad and put it into our calibre library so that she can read it also?

she does not like reading books on the ipad (other than comics), so it would be great if this was possible.

thanks in advance for any help!!
killdanzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
I know of no way to "pull" the book. You can download the Kindle reader for your PC and read it on the computer or buy a Kindle.

Perhaps with a jailbreak of the iPad but that's beyond me.
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2010, 04:42 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by killdanzig View Post
i just bought "Tuck" from the kindle app, and now my wife also wants to read the book at the same time.

unfortunately she has a sony prs600.

is it possible to pull that book from my ipad and put it into our calibre library so that she can read it also?
You'd have to download it with Kindle 4PC and remove the DRM to convert to ePub or LRF with Calibre.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:03 PM   #4
killdanzig
killdanzig could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.killdanzig could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.killdanzig could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.killdanzig could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.killdanzig could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.killdanzig could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.killdanzig could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.killdanzig could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.killdanzig could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.killdanzig could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.killdanzig could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
You'd have to download it with Kindle 4PC and remove the DRM to convert to ePub or LRF with Calibre.
thanks for the help.

i downloaded the kindle4pc and found the book in archives.

however i cannot find the actual file on my computer.

i looked through the amazon program folder, but there is nothing there.

any other suggestions?

thanks again.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:05 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by killdanzig View Post
thanks for the help.

i downloaded the kindle4pc and found the book in archives.

however i cannot find the actual file on my computer.

i looked through the amazon program folder, but there is nothing there.

any other suggestions?

thanks again.
In your documents folder is a folder called "My Kindle Content"
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2010, 06:48 AM   #6
killdanzig

thanks for the help anemicoak.

i was finally able to get it ripped thanks to your guidance.

in case anyone else looks at this and is wanting to do the same you'll need to do this:

1. download python

2. get unswindlev7

3. get mobidedrm

4. make sure that you have an older version of kindle4pc.

5. watch video on youtube about kindle hack 101.

6. import finished file into calibre, enjoy your legally purchased ebook on whatever device may tickle your fancy.

seeing as amazon was selling this book $5.00 cheaper than either the sony store or barnes and noble i think it was worth the extra leg work.

it will definitely pay off if other future purchases prove to be cheaper.

i hope that this is clear enough, and that someone else can benefit from it.

now if you will excuse me, we have some reading to do.

Last edited by killdanzig; 08-06-2010 at 07:49 AM.