Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: What's the color of your Reader cover?
brown 26 41.94%
lime-green 6 9.68%
pinkish-red 9 14.52%
none, I don't want one 21 33.87%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2006, 05:49 PM   #31
ultim8fury
Addict
ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS500, Looking at 700
dab the cover with sticky tape. It should pick up all the bits
ultim8fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:07 PM   #32
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosst Amojan
Does anyone have any good ideas on how to clean the cover? The suade is already starting to pick up a bit of dust and other specks.
Lint brush, maybe?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2006, 07:21 PM   #33
Michele
Addict
Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Just use one of those microfiber cloths or eyeglass cloth.

Last edited by Michele; 10-04-2006 at 07:40 PM.
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:06 AM   #34
yowzah
yowzah began at the beginning.

Device: Palm T3, Sony eReader
How do you take the included cover off? I didn't see anything in the manual regarding this. I pulled and tugged a little, but I didn't want to get too rough and break something. Is it screwed in? Velcro? Thanks.
yowzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:10 AM   #35
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
It has a round set of slots on the back of the reader, just bigger than a quarter. The cover has the protrusions to match, so it just snaps into place.

To remove it, you can just pull it off.

To attach it, put the reader face down on a flat (non-abrasive) surface and then press the cover onto it. That helps spread the force, and protects the screen.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2006, 09:12 AM   #36
Slava
Addict
Slava doesn't litterSlava doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 · iPad · K3
@yowzah

He he he, wait till you try to snap it back. This is where the all fun begins

It's some kind of plastic lock and one need to pull (and then press) strong enough to detach/attach that cover.

Last edited by Slava; 10-06-2006 at 10:10 AM.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:02 AM   #37
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I guess we can all see why they decided to reinforce the back of the device before rollout!

I'm hoping we will see some fancier covers start to appear if it becomes a popular device. GearDiary has a neat picture of a Vaja pda pouch that would be a neat sort of idea for the reader... http://geardiary.com/?p=47
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:11 AM   #38
sarahw2275
Connoisseur
sarahw2275 began at the beginning.

Have the accessories begun to appear in stores yet? I've obtained my reader through a forum member so i'm hoping to be able to get a case in the same manner
sarahw2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:25 AM   #39
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
The brown cover I ordered is still out of stock.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 06:13 PM   #40
tekchic
Zealot
tekchic doesn't littertekchic doesn't litter

Device: iPhone X, iPad Pro
Same here -- anyone have any insider tips as to when the covers will be shipping? I checked my order today and it says "Ship Date Unknown"
tekchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 04:59 PM   #41
anotherchance
Zealot
anotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic
Honestly, at the time of the order I didn't know it came with the cover. Well I knew, but I didn't know it was the same $40 cover I was adding to my cart. Oh well. Doesn't hurt to have one for replacement, right?
That's good to know. I wasn't sure to be honest. I kept seeing pictures online without any cover on them and was getting a bit down in the mouth that I was going to have to come up with ANOTHER 40 bucks!! I'm still saving...
anotherchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 05:23 PM   #42
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
The $40 ones are a fancy sueded stuff, the stock one is a nice synthetic, with leatheroid accents along the edges. I find the standard one quite satisfactory.

I think I'd probably reccomend waiting 'til you can look the standard one over before deciding whether to fork out for the fancy ones. Unless of course, you have some reason to do so, like you just want to.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 04:24 PM   #43
tekchic
Zealot
tekchic doesn't littertekchic doesn't litter

Device: iPhone X, iPad Pro
The gorgeous little brown leather cover finally shipped! Of course, not knowing what month it'd arrive, I just did ground, so even though I'm a five hour drive away from the "Sort Location," it sounds like mine won't arrive until 10/20. At least it shipped 10/12 though -- I'll post pics when I get it!
tekchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:20 AM   #44
Peregrine
Enthusiast
Peregrine began at the beginning.

The Gizmodo link with the closeup screenshots mentioned this case:

http://www.buymedge.com

Sort of strange looking as it is meant to go over the entire Reader and it has "replacement" buttons on the front, but probably decent for protection. Takes away from the sexy high-tech look a lot though, IMO.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:20 AM   #45
Jake
Renaissance Man
Jake began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Totally personal taste of course, but that cover looks like spandex for e-book readers! I prefer mine to look somewhat like a 'book' at any rate. On second thought though, if you're taking your reader to the gym this would work great - no floppy covers to get in the way.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote