Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-08-2008, 05:24 PM   #1
AlisaMc
AlisaMc began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Well, for better or for worse...

After lurking for a few months and agonizing, I've ordered a PRS-505. I should have it by Friday (fingers crossed) if Hurricane Ike doesn't get here first. I bought it from an Amazon affiliate, which I find satisfyingly ironic.

To introduce myself, I am new to ebooks and ebook readers (which I guess is logical if I'm new to ebooks, but I digress.) and am more than slightly overwhelmed by all the formats, conversions, conversion tools, and acronyms. I am moderately intelligent though, and hope I can catch on soon enough.

I really appreciate this forum for giving me a central location to obsess over my latest purchase. Thanks to mobileread, I have been able to make a decision in a matter of weeks instead of the months-long obsession I usually participate in. So mobileread, I and my family thank you.
AlisaMc
AlisaMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:39 PM   #2
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Anyone who'll buy a Sony from Amazon is my kind of person. Anyone who can Lurk here for MONTHS has more self-control than I'm comfortable around, however.

So, a cautiously skeptical welcome.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2008, 05:45 PM   #3
AlisaMc

It took me months to make sure I could post without sounding like a complete idiot. Now I'm satisfied with just a partial idiot.
AlisaMc
Old 09-08-2008, 05:52 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
no worries, alisamc ; taylor is just jealous because you clearly have more self-restraint than he does. he is the type to throw himself headlong at the first silly discussion that comes within his range. in fact he often instigates them. technical discussions and rants will also sometimes set him off. he just wishes he could be the cool mysterious type lingering in the background, never saying a word, fascinating to everyone, leading to much speculation. he doesn't realise just how dull it would be around here if all we got were the silent, fascinating, mysterious types. so it's a good thing you finally got your courage up to join ! just jump right in, we're all idiots sometimes.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:10 PM   #5
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Welcome to the forum. I've been telling people for months that the Sony is available for a good price through Amazon. I find nothing ironic about it ... Amazon likes to make money. They'd probably sell the ebooks too, but Sony would never license the rights to them because then they'd also sell the books for less than the Sony bookstore's price.

Oh yeah.

Enjoy your Sony. May it never brick in your lifetime.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2008, 09:05 AM   #6
AlisaMc

Thank you Zelda, I've never been called fascinating or mysteryious before - I'm not sure I can live up to that. I'll sincerely try.

Thank you also, Ricky. Those were my thoughts on Amazon as well, and since I had a big gift certificate, well there really wasn't a choice. I second your wish that my Sony never bricks.

Alisa
Old 09-09-2008, 02:54 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi AlisaMc and welcome to the Forum. i got a Sony last January after, like you, agonizing over it for quite a spell. And I'm very happy with it.

And you will find this site is full of friendly, helpful bookworms
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote