Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-10-2014, 07:17 AM   #1
gyeben
gyeben began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 614W (Basic 2)
[614] Can't set default font size in AdobeViewer

If I set a font size in fbreader, it becomes the default font size for ALL the ebooks on the device.
If I set a font size in AdobeViewer, it becomes the default only for one specific ebook.
The AdobeViewer app's default font size is 30, which is way too big for me. Is it possible to change that?
gyeben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:56 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I'm not sure if there's a way to set this via the Settings menu, but you can edit system/config/adobeviewer.cfg and change the default fontsize in there.

If you're using Windows, then use an editor that allows you to switch to Unix-style line termination (i.e. ending each line with a linefeed rather than carriage return plus linefeed). I suspect that including carriage returns may break the configuration file.
rkomar is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2014, 01:57 PM   #3
gyeben
gyeben began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 614W (Basic 2)
Weird... if I modify the font size in adobeviewer.cfg, and then open a new book (a book that hasn't been opened ever on the device), then the value automatically gets rewritten to 30. So, it seems like it's hardcoded somewhere.
gyeben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:24 PM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I hadn't tried doing it myself first, so I'm sorry about giving you bad advice and wasting your time. I vaguely recall the same problem happening for the userStyle.css file with recent versions of AdobeViewer (i.e. it gets overwritten every time the program is run). It didn't used to happen that way. Too bad.
rkomar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:42 AM   #5
PO40600
Enthusiast
PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note II & Note Pro 12.2, PocketBook Touch Lux, PB Touch,Odysse
Adobe viewer in PocketBook is really painful to use. To my eyes, it's the worst of all. You can't set default reading parameters such as font size, line spacing, etc...

I've installed CoolReader in My PocketBook touch lux, and made him the default reader.
PO40600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert