Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-27-2021, 11:15 AM   #1
Nalco
Nalco began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Applied Kobopatch and I notice no changes

Libra h2o running 4.26.16704

Added lines to the kobopatch.yaml indented by four spaces.

Code:
## Works with kobopatch v0.15.0 and later.
## You can update kobopatch by downloading the latest release from https://github.com/pgaskin/kobopatch/releases. 
version: 4.26.16704
in: src/kobo-update-4.26.16704.zip
out: out/KoboRoot.tgz
log: out/log.txt

patchFormat: kobopatch

patches:
  src/nickel.yaml: usr/local/Kobo/nickel
  src/libadobe.so.yaml: usr/local/Kobo/libadobe.so
  src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml: usr/local/Kobo/libnickel.so.1.0.0
  src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml: usr/local/Kobo/librmsdk.so.1.0.0

## You can put lines in the following section to override the enabled state of patches.
## The indentation matters! Each override should be indented by 4 spaces. Add to the 
## section below. This section can be copy and pasted into newer patch versions to
## keep your selections.
##
## Example of how it should look:
## overrides:
##   src/nickel.yaml:
##     Custom synopsis/details line spacing: yes
##     Whatever the yaml is called: no
##   src/libadobe.so.yaml:
##     You get the idea: yes
overrides:
  src/nickel.yaml:
    Increase home screen cover size: yes
  src/libadobe.so.yaml:
  src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml:
    Don't grab exclusive access to event0: yes
    Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen: yes
    Never show Kobo Plus, wishlist, and points SmartLinks: yes
    Enable advanced settings for all fonts: yes
  src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml:

## TRANSLATIONS ##
# Optional, use only if lrelease is not in PATH and if translations are needed
# lrelease: /path/to/lrelease

# Uncomment the following to add translations (replace lc with the language code)
# translations:
#   src/whatever.ts: usr/local/Kobo/translations/trans_lc.qm

## ADDITIONAL FILES ##
# Uncomment the following to add additional files to the tgz (like init scripts or hyphen dicts)
# The files will be root-owned, and world readable, writable, and executable (0777)
# files:
#   src/whatever.txt: usr/local/Kobo/whatever.txt
#   src/whateverToPutInMultiplePlaces.txt:
#     - usr/local/Kobo/location1.txt
#     - usr/local/Kobo/location2.txt
I downloaded the firmware file : kobo-update-4.26.16704.zip and placed it in the source file.

I ran the bat file on Windows 10 and generated the KoboRoot.tgz file in the out folder with a success message in the generated log file:

Code:
KoboPatch::WriteOutput
Removing old output tgz 'out/KoboRoot.tgz'
Closing tar
Closing gz
Writing buf to output 'out/KoboRoot.tgz'
Checking patched KoboRoot.tgz for consistency
sum:49841468 == expected:49841468
I am using the correct kobopatch version, from the readme file:
Code:
This is for use with firmware 4.26.16704.
Placed the KoboRoot.tgz in the .kobo folder and rebooted many times. I also did the entire process again and nothing.

What I wanted the most was Don't grab exclusive access to event0: yes so my miniclock would show on button pushes, but

I have obviously done something wrong. Any ideas??
Nalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 03:36 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
It's not 100% clear to me what you think isn't working.

You've enabled 5 patches. Are you saying none of them seem to work or just the one you singled out, Don't grab exclusive access to event0?

If there had been something wrong with your kobopatch.yaml file there wouldn't have been an output KoboRoot.tgz file created. Just to double-check, I ran kobopatch myself using your posted kobopatch.yaml.

Last edited by jackie_w; 05-27-2021 at 03:54 PM. Reason: typo
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2021, 04:02 PM   #3
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
It's not 100% clear to me what you think isn't working.

You've enabled 5 patches. Are you saying none of them seem to work or just the one you singled out, Don't grab exclusive access to event0?
I would also note
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalco View Post
in the .kobo folder and rebooted many times
What for? The device will reboot itself once. With the patch, you have everything right. If the device does not reboot itself, and you do not have ALL the patches working, you put KoboRoot.tgz somewhere in the wrong place.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 04:20 PM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
... or just the one you singled out, Don't grab exclusive access to event0?
Just to expand on my previous reply ... if the above is the only patch not working it may be because your miniclock.cfg file isn't correct for a Kobo device with buttons. There should be a line in there which says:
Code:
input_devices=1 0
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 08:39 PM   #5
Nalco
Nalco began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Sorry for the late reply. This post went into moderation and then I was working.

Thanks for the replies! I had clearly done something wrong but have now got everything working. I wound up doing a reset on my Libra, and starting all over and got the patches to take.

Thank you for trying to help!
Nalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert