Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-10-2018, 08:08 PM   #61
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
AliExpress informed me that my Nova has been shipped. I should receive it in 6-13 days. I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 10:31 PM   #62
raintr33
raintr33 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Touch, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Aura HD, Boox Nova
I just bought it at Taobao Tmall at US$225.
Hope it gets delivered safely to me as it's my first purchase on Taobao.
raintr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2018, 07:28 AM   #63
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle DXG, Onyx Boox Max1, Max2, Nova, Hisense A5 Pro
I got mine today. Fiddled with it for a while, so far so good. Everything is working as expected. I don't have high expectation for any E Ink device.

When I opened it, I found some fingerprints on the screen. If it's not the first batch for sale, I probably would think it's a returned item from an unsatisfied buyer. Maybe Boox is too busy at new products to ask their tester or assembly line workers wear gloves. Overall the build quality is fine, better than my Max2.

After a heavy CPU use, like installing several Apps, you can feel the lower part of the device back become a bit of warmer. Common use won't trigger this issue.

The third party home-brewed app Floating F5 I introduced before in the forum can be found in the built-in app store. A little surprise.

Hope you guys can get your Nova delivered safely.

Last edited by cqman; 11-11-2018 at 07:14 PM.
cqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:32 PM   #64
raintr33
raintr33 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Touch, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Aura HD, Boox Nova
Hi cqman,

How in the world did you get the Nova so quickly!
Glad to hear your positive review on it.

Can't wait for mine to arrive.
raintr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 11:58 AM   #65
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Although I would really like to have a front light on such a device, I think I will wait until the Nova Plus makes an appearance.

The ability to use a stylus in addition to a finger is more important to me than the light... However, hope the Nova works out well for those who decide to take the plunge. I will be interested to hear how it performs compared to other Onyx devices currently on the market. I am encouraged to hear that the build quality seems good.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2018, 06:24 AM   #66
Alrayes
Alrayes began at the beginning.

Device: BOOX NOVA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqman View Post
I got mine today. Fiddled with it for a while, so far so good. Everything is working as expected. I don't have high expectation for any E Ink device.

When I opened it, I found some fingerprints on the screen. If it's not the first batch for sale, I probably would think it's a returned item from an unsatisfied buyer. Maybe Boox is too busy at new products to ask their tester or assembly line workers wear gloves. Overall the build quality is fine, better than my Max2.

After a heavy CPU use, like installing several Apps, you can feel the lower part of the device back become a bit of warmer. Common use won't trigger this issue.

The third party home-brewed app Floating F5 I introduced before in the forum can be found in the built-in app store. A little surprise.

Hope you guys can get your Nova delivered safely.
waiting for mine, i was gonna order likebook mars from aliexpress but some sellers explicitly said in the purchase pages of mars it is better if we order the boox nova
and when checking there latest buyers feedback a lot of the recent complaints came from people who purchased the likebook mars.

with the coupons and what not it came to about 254 usd inculding the shipment and vat to saudi arabia, so yeah i guess it is a good deal as eink readers go.
Alrayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 06:28 PM   #67
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

DHL says that my Nova should be delivered on November 19. Looking forward to it.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:29 AM   #68
Sonofrobot
Connoisseur
Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kobo Forma
Mine said 11/19 too until today. Now it says 11/26.....
Sonofrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:48 PM   #69
Libretom
Libretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Voyage, Onyx Boox Note
Boox arrived today. The first impressions are very good. Sharp, contrasting letters. Fast operation. Massive body. However, the "paragraph" setting does not work. The distance between paragraphs is uncomfortably high. All books are like this! Do not narrow down! That's pretty awful! (That's perfect with Boox Note) Software problem?
Libretom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 02:00 PM   #70
Lparsons21
Zealot
Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 4
I would appreciate someone who has this to see if the Nook app works on it. I have a Likebook Mars and it won’t run on it and I’m still within my return window

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Lparsons21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 02:06 PM   #71
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofrobot View Post
Mine said 11/19 too until today. Now it says 11/26.....
Mine also says 11/26. I ran the tracking number on the DHL site, and the first thing that came up was my Nova arriving in California on Saturday. My arrival time then switched to the 26th.

We shall see!
Old 11-19-2018, 08:34 PM   #72
Sonofrobot
Connoisseur
Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libretom View Post
Boox arrived today. The first impressions are very good. Sharp, contrasting letters. Fast operation. Massive body. However, the "paragraph" setting does not work. The distance between paragraphs is uncomfortably high. All books are like this! Do not narrow down! That's pretty awful! (That's perfect with Boox Note) Software problem?
Is it using the new 2.0 version of the firmware out of the box?

I know you just got it, but what are your first impressions regarding battery life? I returned my Mars because the battery life was pretty awful.

Last edited by Sonofrobot; 11-19-2018 at 08:37 PM.
Sonofrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 05:07 AM   #73
aigojenjang
aigojenjang began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note, Kobo Aura One
Can someone post a FULL review? Any user with Nova with current past ownership of KA1, KAH20 2. Also, how is kindle app working out? KOREADER and such... It would be highly approciated... Does it really have a back button? Video showing back button and picture is different....

Thank you in advance
aigojenjang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 07:06 AM   #74
Asiorent
Asiorent can extract oil from cheeseAsiorent can extract oil from cheeseAsiorent can extract oil from cheeseAsiorent can extract oil from cheeseAsiorent can extract oil from cheeseAsiorent can extract oil from cheeseAsiorent can extract oil from cheeseAsiorent can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
I'm interested to buy the NOVA.

Can please somebody who own the model comment on this things?

1. Is 'Google play store" working (can it be in any way installed)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libretom View Post
@Libretom (or other member) can you post a screenshot (photo) and explain the problem in more detail? I guess its with the default ereader app. What is with the others, Bookari, Moon+ Reader, Kindle app, etc.

3. How is PDF working?

4. How is the refreshing of the pages?

5. How often must a battery be charged with normal usage?

Thanks in advance to anybody who will get time to answer some or all of the questions!
Asiorent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 07:19 AM   #75
panoramix
panoramix began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova, Kobo Aura One.
Quick post:

Just recieved my Nova from AliExpress, decent price and quick delivery. Had to go to Youtube to figure out how to change language from Chinese. Google Play Store had to be enabled in settings AND download an app from the Onyx app store. After that it worked exactly once, enough for me to get a couple necessary apps in. The rest I've sideloaded through apkpure etc.

Everything else I've installed works fine (Librera, Moon+, Scribd, Libby + a couple local library apps) but some apps tend to forget login information or need several attempts to log in, and I think this might be the problem with Google Play Store as well.

Once you get apps running/books transferred, reading is fantastic and compares very well to the Kobo Aura One.

First impressions: Very good but needs a lot of software work.
panoramix is offline   Reply With Quote