Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-30-2018, 12:09 PM   #1
Dominique U
Dominique U began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kindle PW4
PW2 Motherboard in PW3

I have a PW3. It's USB port seems to be dying soon.
I also have a broken PW2 whose motherboard is still working.

Will a PW2 motherboard work in a PW3?

(I don't want to try if it is not going to work because my skills are limited and there is a risk that I destroy the Kindle when trying.)

Last edited by Dominique U; 08-30-2018 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Missing word
Dominique U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 12:53 PM   #2
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
It'd probably be easier to repair the USB port than to try to get the the higher-res PW3 display to work as a replacement display for the PW2, since that's what your essentially asking here.
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
repair, usb