Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-09-2015, 08:38 AM   #31
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
I want put the stylus away in the device. With the M92, you take the device and forget the stylus. If the stylus is tie to the device, it's not a good solution when you put the device in your bag.

The prototype seems use the same solution to hold the stylus than the SONY. My Samsung EB65 have a dedicated place in the frame of the reader.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 08:45 AM   #32
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
Make everyone happy with easy easy to change button funnction.
I don't care. I want one.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2015, 02:06 PM   #33
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davide-NYC View Post
Thank you for this interesting news.

Obvious questions:
- when will this be available?
- how much will it cost?
That's what I'm worried about as well. I've wanted the Sony version of a 13(?) inch eReader ever since it was released, but I could never bring myself to spend $1,000 on a single device. If this is at least a few hundred cheaper than that, then I could definitely see myself buying it.
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:01 PM   #34
toronado
Addict
toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wong McGregor View Post
There is also the issue of on-device stylus storage with the M9X models, that is, there being none. I presume a larger device might make addressing this less of a problem than with the smaller models.
Stylus storage should be in-device, and inside-device, not mearly on-device. For example, that loop sticking out on the side of the Sony is horrible.
toronado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:14 PM   #35
Wong McGregor
Connoisseur
Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
The prototype seems use the same solution to hold the stylus than the SONY.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toronado View Post
Stylus storage should be in-device, and inside-device, not mearly on-device. For example, that loop sticking out on the side of the Sony is horrible.
Thanks guys,

I wasn't aware of what that tag thing was in the pictures. I'm afraid, as iconic as it is, I'm not familiar with the Sony. I'll have to look it up.

Last edited by Wong McGregor; 11-10-2015 at 05:08 AM.
Wong McGregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2015, 11:41 AM   #36
kocoman
Connoisseur
kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

what is induction touchscreen? thx
kocoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 02:28 PM   #37
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
what is induction touchscreen? thx
It's a type of electromagnetic touchscreen like Wacom.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 02:24 PM   #38
Xen
Connoisseur
Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle

Last edited by Xen; 08-23-2018 at 01:46 AM.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 09:53 AM   #39
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
This thread is a good illustration of the diversity of user requirements. Some want just to read on the device, some want to take notes on it, others want to use it with a foot pedal to display music score, or connect it to a PC as an external monitor, or use it as a universal e-ink tablet.
The only way to even come close to meeting these requirements is to use an open mobile operating system with a healthy app ecosystem - read: Android. With a touch screen and Google Play Store (sorry Xen).
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 07:04 PM   #40
PoisonWolf
Enthusiast
PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
This looks extremely interesting. I wish there would be a slight hint on the price. I was very interested in the Sony Paper but the price is just outrageous.
PoisonWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 12:39 AM   #41
JR77
JR77 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 7th Gen
Thanks for this post, that is very interesting. Can you give us an estimated price range for the device? Will it do everything the M96 will?
JR77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:01 AM   #42
Acad
Acad began at the beginning.

Device: none
Booxtor,
This is a great opportunity for Onyx. Frankly, it's surprising that with the exception of Sony no other major ereader company has figured this out yet. (Sony came close, but ultimately missed the mark with limited cloud functionality and nose-bleed price.) I'm an academic. I – and thousands of people like me – spend hours everyday reading PDF files. Reading and annotating these on a computer or regular tablet is bad for our eyes and not very efficient for marking up text. What we want is an experience as close to working with actual paper as possible. We don't care about other bells and whistles (we can get those from out regular tablets). Give us a solid large ereader for reading and marking up texts - and we WILL buy your product. I guarantee you.
Acad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 04:43 PM   #43
allochi
Connoisseur
allochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kobo Aura
I agree with Acad, we just need to read research papers and pdfs, and annotate them, with good resolution and light weight. I really hope that this will be available soon, like in a month or so.
allochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 06:51 PM   #44
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Booxter, will this have a frontlight? (Is that even possible with current LED technology and a screen this size?)
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 06:01 AM   #45
fozzedout
Guru
fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx M96, Kindle Basic 2014, Onyx T68 Lynx, Icarus Illumina E653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
It should be possible to use the device as PC monitor (second) second

The first version will be i.mx6 + 1G + 16G
Approximately six month later should be possible to offer Plus version with i.mx7dl + 2G + 16G/32G .. (we are still discussing to add dual touch screen functionality in the Plus)
Is that right Booxtor? Six months after release there will be a new and improved version?

Something this size, I can guarantee, will be expensive (I'm going to guess here at well over £500), and the first version dictates if further development will go into in.

However for people to get this and then 6 months later be snubbed with a better version?

Getting something like this would be akin to getting something to last at least 2-3 years... not something to be replaced in 6 months.

The question now is, do I get an early version, or wait for the better version?

Booxtor, I would advise them to just concentrate on the better version.
fozzedout is offline   Reply With Quote