Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-01-2021, 05:15 PM   #31
irreld
Enthusiast
irreld began at the beginning.

Device: PW2 PW3 DPT-RP1
Locating the class by strings isn't very hard. But decompiling and regenerating the jar file probably needs a lot more work. (I thought they had framework jars codesigned?)

Since you mentioned kaf.jar, maybe people will find "shop kindle store" menu needs a bit more love as well
irreld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 05:26 PM   #32
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast
tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (jailbroken)
Quote:
Originally Posted by irreld View Post
Locating the class by strings isn't very hard. But decompiling and regenerating the jar file probably needs a lot more work. (I thought they had framework jars codesigned?)
I'm not trying to do that, I can just change the strings. I'm just afraid that on one of the many firmware/device variations, one .class file gets corrupted and it makes the entire kaf.jar unable to run, essentially bricking the device.

Maybe I could release a script that injects copies of the .class files with the strings, then asks the user to verify them manually before updating kaf.jar.

It's easy to verify a .class file by by simply decompiling it online on a site like this for example. If it's corrupted then the decompiler will throw an error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irreld View Post
Since you mentioned kaf.jar, maybe people will find "shop kindle store" menu needs a bit more love as well
You mean the one in the top right menu?

Last edited by tryol; 04-01-2021 at 06:32 PM.
tryol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2021, 07:57 PM   #33
irreld
Enthusiast
irreld began at the beginning.

Device: PW2 PW3 DPT-RP1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryol View Post
Maybe I could release a script that injects copies of the .class files with the strings, then asks the user to verify them manually before updating kaf.jar.
Amazon has their weird logic controlling what icons are shown. (You might see less/different depending on registration/market/kids mode)
Those jar files changes with each firmware so I'd say a short writeup would be much more practical than scripts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryol View Post
You mean the one in the top right menu?
Yeah, I was under the wrong impression that amazon injected that menu systemwide few years ago. Turns out it's been there since the original kindle. sigh
irreld is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
button, launcher