Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-30-2013, 08:05 AM   #106
hedwig
Book Worm
hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPod Touch 5
I'm an active member on Goodreads and enjoy the site very much. I stick to angst free groups, converse with friends who share my interests and avoid all of the drama like the plague. There is no need to get involved with the crazies if you don't want to.
hedwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #107
crdf
Connoisseur
crdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You didn't read my post correctly. I said GR does nothing if someone rates a book they haven't read to up a author's book rating. I've never reported any review or comment or expected immediately resolution from them. I don't know how you arrived at that conclusion.
No need to slap your face. That is the exact sentence: "Fan girls always do this before it's release and it makes no sense. If you report it GR does nothing." I'm not sure what I have misread.

A cleanup is done when something is flagged and GR still has a small staff that works in office hours only.

Amazon will also not step in to fix anything. They bought GR for what it is. If Amazon had the say that would be Amazon N.2. A bit pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyBoy View Post
Remember that the definition of PMS is that for three days a month a woman acts like a man does all the time.
I know you are joking, but let me be a bit pedantical here. Some women have a PMS that goes on for up to 2 weeks and a PMS can be PMDD.

Last edited by crdf; 09-07-2013 at 03:53 PM.
crdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2013, 01:16 AM   #108
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by crdf View Post
No need to slap your face. That is the exact sentence: "Fan girls always do this before it's release and it makes no sense. If you report it GR does nothing." I'm not sure what I have misread.

A cleanup is done when something is flagged and GR still has a small staff that works in office hours only.

Amazon will also not step in to fix anything. They bought GR for what it is. If Amazon had the say that would be Amazon N.2. A bit pointless.
You said:
Quote:

Not true. It does nothing when a review is not against the review guidelines! I had flagged many reviews and those have been removed. Also now you can freeze comments.
So the fact is that you either have not read those guidelines, you don't understand them, or you flagged that comment today and expect immediate resolution!

flagging is NOT equal having my wish carried out, cause then probably your review would have been gone long before the author commented on it. GR protects personal opinion. Seems a lot of people are not used to the lack of censureship
You are talking about reviews no where in your previous comment did you mention ratings. You assumed I reported a review which I never said I did. I don't how you are coming to your conclusions. I said if you report someone rating a book before it's read GR does nothing that has nothing to do with reporting a review out of guideline.

You don't know for certain if Amazon will not step in to fix things. I do think they will step in and revamp the site. They are already getting their Kindles to integrate with the site. Rather or not they change some guidelines well that is something we will just have to wait and see.

Last edited by Blossom; 09-09-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:57 PM   #109
Jane Oldaker
Groupie
Jane Oldaker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane Oldaker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane Oldaker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane Oldaker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane Oldaker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane Oldaker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane Oldaker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane Oldaker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane Oldaker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane Oldaker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane Oldaker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung G3 Tablet, Kobo Vox
IMHO it's starting to look dramatical here.....
Jane Oldaker is offline   Reply With Quote