Notices

Old 07-11-2014, 02:49 PM   #556
TimeTravelz
TimeTravelz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Thumbs up "Advanced Renamer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikbey View Post
I guess then I can only hope for a change of heart or kobo fixing the issue. To whom it may concern, there is a program called "Advanced Renamer" which can rename files from seperate folders into one stream of incrementing numbers. If you apply that rename before using kcc it works with the bugged kobo aura hd reader.

I wish I would know how to program in Python.
Thanks Maikbey! I just bought a Kobo Aura(not HD) and am having the same problem.
TimeTravelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:08 AM   #557
zxczxc
Addict
zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: PW
i'm on the latest yosemite developer release, and i downloaded and ran this, it opened up, i ticked a few boxes (didn't convert anything yet), and the app just crashed.
i tried to run it again and the icon in the dock appeared, then disappeared.
i uninstalled it and the little preference files that my uninstaller found, and copied it to my applications folder again, but it still doesn't open up...

i get this in console.app, i hope it's useful

7/16/14 11:43:45.498 gkbisd[288]: Unable to collect cdhash for ------/KindleComicConverter_osx_4.1/KindleComicConverter.app (error code 100024)

7/16/14 11:46:56.642 KindleComicConverter[16638]: WARNING: The Gestalt selector gestaltSystemVersion is returning 10.9.0 instead of 10.10.0. Use NSProcessInfo's operatingSystemVersion property to get correct system version number.
Call location:
zxczxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2014, 11:15 AM   #558
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Code was never tested on 10.10. I'm quite surprised it started at all even once.

AKA. We don't support 10.10 yet.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:34 PM   #559
zxczxc
Addict
zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: PW
sure, i wasn't expecting you to have supported it, just, 99% of the stuff i have tried does work (without 10.10 'support'), i didn't think there would be any problems with running it on yosemite, anyway - i'm not a mac developer haha.
i'll be patient, no rush at all, thanks
zxczxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:30 AM   #560
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 4.2 is out!
  • Added Manga Cover Database support
  • Officially dropped Windows XP support
  • Fixed Other profile
  • Fixed problems with page order on stock KOBO CBZ reader
  • Many other small bug fixes and tweaks
Advert
Old 07-25-2014, 05:35 PM   #561
Stu Pididoit
Stu Pididoit began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Dx
When converting every image is this size:
http://i.imgur.com/D3hPGuj.jpg

and only one image is this size:
http://i.imgur.com/Uv1ODRh.gif

how do i get every page to be the larger size?
Stu Pididoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 12:27 AM   #562
lerygibson
lerygibson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch (K5)
I have to disable Avast before using KCC
lerygibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:08 AM   #563
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

@Stu Pididoit - Some details would be nice. What options you use?

@lerygibson - Yes. Currently Avast mark 32bit KCC as malware. It is false positive. I would suggest using AV that is not total garbage.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:53 AM   #564
Over9Thou
Over9Thou began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Hi guys wondering if you could help me... I have windows 7 (64 bit). I am in the process of trying to make an e-pub and this error comes up...

Error during conversion C:\\Tokyo Ghoul:

[Error 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\Tokyo Ghoul.epub'

Traceback:
File "C:\(bunch of mumbo jumbo", line 448 in run
^^line 1135 in makeBook
line 534 in move
line 244 in copy2
line 108 in copyfile

http://imgur.com/YLKrV4L

^^This is a link for more information. Ignore the cbz in the photo... I tried both e-pub and that and the same error came up.

When I click add from directory I choose a main folder; inside the main folder it has sub folders for each chapter which contains .jpg's... what am I doing wrong?

Last edited by Over9Thou; 07-26-2014 at 03:02 AM.
Over9Thou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 03:10 AM   #565
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Try convering it on different drive.
Old 07-26-2014, 04:56 AM   #566
Stu Pididoit

Regarding setting, its seems any setting gives the same results. This was what happened with default settings:
http://i.imgur.com/6JUe9rd.jpg

Screen capture from kindle dx:
http://i.imgur.com/8OGZCGB.gif

Every page is the same size as the above screen capture, however just one page gives this size image:
http://i.imgur.com/Zu21Qto.gif

When i change settings from default to horizontal the same happens only one page uses the full screen of the kindle dx.

Also the size of the files after converting reduces significantly, for example from 13,495KB to 4,993KB.
Also regarding the single large image, when opening the comic from the kindle menu the first page shown is the little image which is page one. Then if i push the button on the kindle dx to go left there is the one big image: I have no idea maybe the conversion is not working.
My kindle dx is not jailbroken.
Old 07-26-2014, 04:59 AM   #567
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Try converting to CBZ format.
Old 07-26-2014, 07:32 AM   #568
Stu Pididoit

i tried the sample from your homepage for the kindle dx
http://kcc.iosphe.re/

here is the screen grab from the kindle:
http://i.imgur.com/rQyYv37.gif

is the image meant to be that size?
and if so is it possible to convert images to use the whole screen on the kindle dx?
Old 07-26-2014, 07:46 AM   #569
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

No. It should use entire screen.

How you upload that files to Kindle? What firmware version you have?

Last edited by AcidWeb; 07-26-2014 at 07:50 AM.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:06 AM   #570
Stu Pididoit

usb from pc
kindle version 2.5.8 (555370010)

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools