Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 01-28-2012, 01:08 AM   #1
prst1
prst1 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Question Kindle App on T1 Question

When you install the kindle app on the T1, does it need some special folder designated as its library?

Last edited by prst1; 01-28-2012 at 12:09 PM.
prst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:21 AM   #2
sucah
Connoisseur
sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK 3G, KT 3G, KPW, Odyssey HD, T1, 350, Glo, Mini, Aura HD, KPW2 3G
It is automatic using directory /kindle on main memory, don't know how to move it.
sucah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:48 AM   #3
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
That's strange - on my reader, Kindle stores its books in /mnt/sdcard/Sony_Reader/data/data/com.amazon.kindle

But I got the latest version from market....

I had Kindle re-installed several times due to ... errrm ... issues .... and I never lost the library! It always found the books I had there and there was no need to re-download...
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:02 AM   #4
sucah
Connoisseur
sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK 3G, KT 3G, KPW, Odyssey HD, T1, 350, Glo, Mini, Aura HD, KPW2 3G
When you connect T1 to PC, the kindle library is \kindle. If you use Root Explorer in your T1, kindle library was /mnt/sdcard/kindle. I am using Kindle.apk version 3.2.0.35.
sucah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:42 AM   #5
j0534ng31
Connoisseur
j0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-T1 black
Quote:
Originally Posted by uboot View Post
re-installed several times due to ... errrm ... issues ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucah View Post
When you connect T1 to PC, the kindle library is \kindle. If you use Root Explorer in your T1, kindle library was /mnt/sdcard/kindle. I am using Kindle.apk version 3.2.0.35.
You can try:

Code:
mount -o remount,rw /
rm -rf /kindle
ln -s /mnt/sdcard/kindle /kindle
This way, everything is saved into the internal memory.

Or, better than that, if you use a Micro-SD:

Code:
mount -o remount,rw /
rm -rf /kindle /mnt/sdcard/kindle
mkdir /mnt/extsd/kindle
ln -s /mnt/extsd/kindle /kindle
ln -s /mnt/extsd/kindle /mnt/sdcard/kindle
This way, everything is saved into the external Micro-SD card.
j0534ng31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #6
dare
dare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Boyue Likebook Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0534ng31 View Post
Code:
ln -s /mnt/extsd/kindle /mnt/sdcard/kindle
This way, everything is saved into the external Micro-SD card.
Tried the same, also for /data/data/com.amazon.kindle/files/ (where synced books are stored), did it work for you?

The internal sdcard seems to be vfat, so I understand I could run into issues with linking from /mnt/sdcard.

But I also did not succeed in linking from /data/data/com.amazon.kindle/files/ (... kindle being itself linked because I put it physically in /data/sdext2/data/... beforehand) to /mnt/extsd/kindle/files, although here only the link target is FAT32, while the link should be created in the ext3 I have on sdext2.

Any observations anyone?
dare is offline   Reply With Quote