Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-14-2009, 05:57 PM   #1
Gravitas
Muppet
Gravitas doesn't litterGravitas doesn't litter

Device: Zen Vision :M / Nokia 5800 musicXpress / Sony PRS500
error converting the Godfather prc to lrf

mostly means nothing to me, but I stripped the drm off using a python script that has worked for me before. Calibre then gave this error;
Job: **Convert book: Godfather, The**
**tuple**: ('IndexError', u'list index out of range')
**Traceback**:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "parallel.py", line 960, in worker
File "parallel.py", line 918, in work
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\any\c onvert_from.py", line 196, in main
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\any\c onvert_from.py", line 165, in process_file
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\mobi\ convert_from.py", line 28, in process_file
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\mobi\ convert_from.py", line 17, in generate_html
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\mobi\read er.py", line 266, in extract_content
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\mobi\read er.py", line 583, in extract_text
File "calibre\ebooks\mobi\palmdoc.pyo", line 28, in decompress_doc
IndexError: list index out of range

**Log**:
('IndexError', u'list index out of range')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "parallel.py", line 960, in worker
File "parallel.py", line 918, in work
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\any\c onvert_from.py", line 196, in main
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\any\c onvert_from.py", line 165, in process_file
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\mobi\ convert_from.py", line 28, in process_file
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\mobi\ convert_from.py", line 17, in generate_html
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\mobi\read er.py", line 266, in extract_content
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\mobi\read er.py", line 583, in extract_text
File "calibre\ebooks\mobi\palmdoc.pyo", line 28, in decompress_doc
IndexError: list index out of range
any idea's on getting this convert job to run?

intersetingly I can't open the drm free version in Mobipocket reader either, I'm wondering if something went awry with the drm stripping? no error messages came up though.

*oops, just seen some other threads with this issue, looks like I need to update Calibre

**Hmm, just installed the latest version of Calibre (0.5.14), getting the same error

Last edited by Gravitas; 07-14-2009 at 06:06 PM. Reason: coz I'm a muppet!...or not
Gravitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:09 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
that error indicated a corrupted file
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2009, 04:07 AM   #3
Gravitas
Muppet
Gravitas doesn't litterGravitas doesn't litter

Device: Zen Vision :M / Nokia 5800 musicXpress / Sony PRS500
bugger. Ok, thanks, looks like I need to try something else to lose the encryption.
Gravitas is offline   Reply With Quote