Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-19-2009, 02:35 PM   #1
alrumich
Enthusiast
alrumich doesn't litteralrumich doesn't litter

Device: PRS-700, iPod Touch, Samsung Q1U, HP Pavilion tx2500
Syncing PRS700 with newly installed eBook Library

I wonder if anyone can help me with this issue...

I recently had to reinstall Vista on my laptop but did not back up eBook Library. What I have now is a newly installed eBook Library and my Sony with all the books/articles uploaded/synced before the install. The problem is that I have many notes which I would like to get back into eBook library again, but I have no idea how I can transfer all the files from Sony to PC and make it work in eBook Library again.

Any suggestions?
alrumich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 03:20 PM   #2
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
I'm afraid I don't know the answer but wanted to make sure your thread stayed on the first page.

I think if you try to sync it, you should be able to copy from the device to your computer. That's really the way syncing is suppossed to work. Hopefully, someone that has tried it will post to you soon. Good Luck!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2009, 04:36 PM   #3
alrumich
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
I'm afraid I don't know the answer but wanted to make sure your thread stayed on the first page.

I think if you try to sync it, you should be able to copy from the device to your computer. That's really the way syncing is suppossed to work. Hopefully, someone that has tried it will post to you soon. Good Luck!
Unfortunately, syncing seems to work when the first sync made from a PC. I will keep trying...
Old 06-19-2009, 08:15 PM   #4
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
I'm afraid I've had nothing but bad luck with the sync feature and never use it. Hopefully, someone like Andybaby will see your post. He is a bit of a whiz when it comes to the 700. You could send him a Private Message and I bet he would get back to you.

Sorry, I can't help more.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:36 AM   #5
komugi
Zealot
komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Surface Pro 3, HTC 10, Kobo Aura H2O
Can't you use Calibre to copy the files to your HD then use the import file feature in the eBook Library? You should be able to sync it after that.
komugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2009, 03:56 AM   #6
alrumich
Enthusiast

Files are not a problem; the comments are - I need to move them somehow, but have no idea how.