Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-25-2011, 11:52 PM   #1
ImmortalBlue
ImmortalBlue began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Exclamation Kobo Touch Mini SD issues

Hello there!

I have a Kobo Touch that was purchased at the beginning of December. Everything is working great with it, and there haven't been any problems. Today, we tried to use a Lexar High-Speed 16 GB Mobile Mini SD card. After loading a couple of .pdfs (my sister's format of choice) we inserted the SD card and did a search. It was able to locate the other applications on the card, but not the .pdfs themselves. Additionally, the card seems to have come with software that is not allowing us to add .pdfs to the card.

I believe that a reformat of the card would solve the issue. However, I do not know what to reformat the card to (as it must be done to ensure that this pre-installed application is completely removed).

I should also note that I am running a Mac, so please be advised.

Thanks in advance for the help!
- ib
ImmortalBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 06:49 PM   #2
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Go here and download the SD formatter:
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/

All should be well after that.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2011, 08:48 PM   #3
ImmortalBlue

Thank you for the link!

We've since formatted the card and tried once again to manually add files onto the card to load into the Kobo. It still cannot locate the files, though it does scan.

Also, the Kobo software does not recognize the memory card plugged into the Kobo. Is this a feature? Could it be?

Any other tips as to how I can get the Kobo to read files off the card?

Thanks!
Old 12-26-2011, 09:04 PM   #4
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

is it a SDHC or SDXC microsd card?
I have read here somewhere the Kobo touch does not support the SDXC microsd cards very well.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:07 PM   #5
danskmacabre
Guru

I would consider trying ot download and install Calibre as well.
http://calibre-ebook.com/download_osx

It's a 3rd party ebook management program.
Try loading something onto your KT from that.
Advert
Old 12-26-2011, 09:58 PM   #6
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Over write format might be needed with that program to get results you want. It is the only option that worked for me to solve my problem.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:21 PM   #7
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Just to be picky. The Kobo Touch and the Vox use micro SD cards. Just in case a lurker is rather puzzled.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:33 PM   #8
ImmortalBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post
is it a SDHC or SDXC microsd card?
I have read here somewhere the Kobo touch does not support the SDXC microsd cards very well.
http://www.lexar.com/products/lexar-...n?category=204

It is this model, but a 16 GB card.

I'll update with the Calibre results in the morning. Thanks so much for the suggestion.

Tags
help needed, help please, issue, kobo touch, mini sd