tcmoon is on a distinguished road

Device: slate pc
light

How about a light?
tcmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:07 PM   #2
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
There's a good thread on this and I believe there was also a poll that showed the Verilux was a slight favorite over the Mighty Bright. I have the Mighty Bright myself and it works well. I can't speak to how the Verilux works with the CyBook cover though.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=mighty+bright
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2008, 01:25 PM   #3
takitano
takitano began at the beginning.

Device: No
My two Favorites:

1) "Mighty Bright Xtra Flex"

http://www.stl-design.de/daten/CIMG1451.JPG
http://www.stl-design.de/daten/CIMG1456.JPG
http://www.stl-design.de/daten/CIMG1457.JPG

2) "Mighty Bright Triple LED"

http://www.stl-design.de/daten/CIMG1453.JPG
http://www.stl-design.de/daten/CIMG1454.JPG
http://www.stl-design.de/daten/CIMG1455.JPG

But my eyes hurt nevertheless (already after 15 min read).
takitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:54 AM   #4
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by takitano View Post
But my eyes hurt nevertheless (already after 15 min read).
Try Verilux. Who knows? Maybe it will be easier on your eyes. It has some sort of special bulb...
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:12 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Before we get umpteen different threads abut lights for each different device, please have a read of the following thread in its entirety please.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9362
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2008, 09:42 PM   #6
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
I've just ordered the "Bug light" AKA Mighty Bright- XtraFlex - DUET - Dual Head Music Light.

I found it a bit of a PITA to search through the other threads where lights had been discussed, so I thought I'd make this little post to make it easier on the next guy.

I got mine from Amazon UK, which was the cheapest I could find (all be it I didn't spend more than a few minutes looking). It came to fifteen quid including shipping, I ordered in the evening, and it was despatched the next morning.

Here's a couple of links.

Amazon UK

Amazon US

Edit : And in a pre-emptive attempt to avoid people commenting on this post.... I've linked them here not to tell people "Don't bother reading those threads, this is the only product out there". I've linked it for anyone that can't be arsed reading through them all and are looking for one of the two commonly recommended lights.

Also. It'd set my mind at ease if someone checked that I've linked the right thing. I don't want to be responsible for people ending up with the wrong item.

Last edited by Halk; 03-28-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 07:13 AM   #7
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halk View Post

Also. It'd set my mind at ease if someone checked that I've linked the right thing. I don't want to be responsible for people ending up with the wrong item.
Yep , that looks like the link to a preying mantis ......
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 07:15 AM   #8
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Yep , that looks like the link to a preying mantis ......
It literally just came in the door Geoff. Strange since I only ordered it on thursday night. And you're right, it looks exactly like that.
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 07:18 AM   #9
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Good , so that means you've had two toys to play with this week .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:48 AM   #10
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
Reading through this thread I browsed Lightwedges homepage too and found that they sell a "paperback" version of their light aswell. It is said to be 7.4" x 5.5" what is the exact height of the Cybook and a bit broader what shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Lots of Covers offer an attachment for pens so there should be some extra space and maybe even the possibility to attach the light to the cover by (ab)using the penholder.

Did anyone who owns a Gen3 test the paperpocket-light already? As I live in austria I can only try to order it on the net and have it shipped, so it would be nice to know if it's worth the cost (and ofc if it does fit at all )
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:09 AM   #11
Prospect
Other
Prospect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Kindle
I have tried the Lightwedge Paperback edition and would not recommend it. Certainly not for the Cybook (it does not fit the screen, which is important to get the light right) and not for pbooks (does not fit the page, to much fumbling when turning pages, to heavy, uneven light).

I use the Mighty Bright which is very good (tip: attach it to the bottom of the device for better balance)
Prospect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:04 PM   #12
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
Thx for the info - going for a 'classic' solution then
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote