Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 10-19-2007, 09:55 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Does anyone want to take on a project?

I was just on PG, looking for any author with only one or two stories, when I came across the listing John W. Campbell (1910-1971).

He was one of the Great Minds of SF. He is credited with creating "The Golden Age of Science Fiction" during his time as editor of Astounding.

As the editor, he of course wrote editorials. I have a few reprinted in anthologies; some are still worth reading 40 years later.

Guess what? There is no record of the renewal of the copyrights for his editorials between 1950 and 1963. They are in the public domain.

If anyone has the time and inclination to convert the editorials, I think it would be great to have them here. I cannot because I don't have a scanner.

Last edited by Nate the great; 10-19-2007 at 10:02 PM.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 10:09 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Do you plan to do the three books of his at PG?
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2007, 11:05 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Do you plan to do the three books of his at PG?
They are on my list after Weinbaum, assuming someone doesn't beat me to it.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote