Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-25-2013, 09:42 AM   #976
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Finally getting the hang of this (kind of). I think I want to register my own name under word press eventually....but I'm just happy I've got a lot of stuff coming in the next two weeks from authors and giveaways etc...It's a basic look, but let me know what you think

http://joehempel.wordpress.com/
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #977
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Looks good Joe!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:39 PM   #978
bmcox
Connoisseur
bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Put up a brief post about numbers and one of my books being made free in foreign markets: The Memory of a Salt Shaker Now Free in the U.K., France, and Spain for Kindle!
bmcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:20 AM   #979
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
First review up for this year. This time it's Dark Currents, the second novel in the Emperor's Edge series by Lindsay Buroker.

I enjoyed the first book, but felt that this one didn't really grab me. Find out why here: http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2013/0...ndsay-buroker/

Last edited by caleb72; 01-28-2013 at 09:25 PM.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:36 AM   #980
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A quick review of First Shift by Hugh Howey over at my blog Top of the Heap.

I think I may be coming up with a new way of doing reviews here in the near future, we'll see...I don't feel like my reviews are "good enough".

http://joehempel.wordpress.com/2013/...owey/#more-193
Old 01-28-2013, 09:18 AM   #981
bmcox
Connoisseur
bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I wrote about the frustrating process of marketing in social media and some websites that have been helpful in describing the process: I Want to be Liked, You B*%$!^D: Slowly Learning to Market Online and in Social Media.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:25 AM   #982
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nice Post Bernard.

Last edited by kennyc; 01-28-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:02 AM   #983
jhempel24
Wizard

Excited to be able to post an interview I did with NYT Bestseller Hugh Howey tomorrow....he's such a class act human being!!

joehempel.wordpress.com
facebook.com/topoftheheapreviews (fb page for the blog)
Old 01-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #984
jhempel24
Wizard

And my interview with him is up!

BIG thanks to him for doing this!

http://joehempel.wordpress.com/2013/...th-hugh-howey/
Old 01-30-2013, 12:27 AM   #985
AaronShep
Connoisseur
AaronShep could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.AaronShep could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.AaronShep could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.AaronShep could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.AaronShep could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.AaronShep could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.AaronShep could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.AaronShep could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.AaronShep could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.AaronShep could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.AaronShep could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iPad
New Kindle formatting blog

In support of the upcoming major revision and expansion of my ebook "From Word to Kindle," I've launched a new blog with the same name.

http://fromwordtokindle.blogspot.com

I'll be posting draft sections to this blog as I write them, in hopes of receiving comments that help me refine the book. I also see it as a place for my readers to support each other with answers to each other's questions. A "Follow by Email" feature will automatically bring you new posts.

Thanks to the developers of KindleUnpack! It has proven invaluable in my research, especially on the processing of images and guide items.

Aaron Shepard

Last edited by pdurrant; 01-30-2013 at 04:29 AM.
AaronShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:21 AM   #986
jhempel24
Wizard

Just finished up a review of Under the Amoral Bridge by mobileread user Gary A. Banks (HaemishH on here).

His book is here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...hlight=artemis

What a great read!

http://joehempel.wordpress.com/2013/...-gary-a-banks/

Last edited by jhempel24; 01-30-2013 at 07:28 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:40 AM   #987
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
And my interview with him is up!

BIG thanks to him for doing this!

http://joehempel.wordpress.com/2013/...th-hugh-howey/
Excellent interview. Thanks for doing/posting it!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:32 AM   #988
bmcox
Connoisseur

Since all I seem to do is write tales of woe today I explain to readers:
It’s Okay. Here’s My Shoulder to Cry On: Science of Why We Like Sad Stories
Old 01-31-2013, 05:58 AM   #989
jhempel24
Wizard

Made some changes....if you are an author and want an interview, you are pinned to the top for the week, and I added a drop down for book categories to make navigation easier...please let me know what you think!

http://joehempel.wordpress.com/
Old 01-31-2013, 08:18 AM   #990
jhempel24
Wizard

I'm not sure why that all of my menus are disappearing. There should be 5 categories under book categories at the top menu and then there also should be an author interview meet you but they just keep disappearing and I have no idea why

Tags
100-words, acupuncture, altsheler, amazon, anthology, apple, apple ibookstore, auotbiography famous, author promotion, authors, automated processing, automatic conversion, bible, blog, blogs, book club, book reviewers, book tour, books, bookscanner, calibre, camera, charity, cheap ebooks, chinese medicine, christmas, contest, creative commons, creepy, crime, crime fiction, crowdfunding, deals, deskew, devotional, digitize, discount, drabble, e-book week, e-books, ebook, ebook conversion, ebooks, encouragement, epic kindle giveaway, epub, epub fire, epub kindle fire, epub3, ereader apps, exchange, fantasy ebooks, fiction authors, followers, forecast, foreign markets, formatting, free, free books, free e-books, free e-reader, free ebooks, free kindle books, free kindle fire, freeebooks, giveaway, giveaways, horror, horror ebook, ibooks, ibookstore, idevices, indie, indie author, indies, inscriptions, inspiration, inspirational, international, interview, japan, kindle, kindle fire, libraries, library rental, marketing, martial arts, marvin, micro fiction, murder mystery, new crime novel, no drm, opds, parsina press, pdf, prague, prayer, promote, promotion, promotions, publishing, rdlecoeur, read an ebook week, reader, reading list, review, reviewers, richard stephenson, rita toews, rss, sale, scary stories, science fiction, science fiction ebooks, self-publishing, serial mystery, short stories, smashwords, stephen goldin, steven lyle jordan, story, storybundle, submissions, suspense, thriller, tips, tools, translation, translators, unwarp, weather, web, website, writer, writers, writing