Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 07-14-2009, 10:22 PM   #1
BuddyBoy
eBookin' Fool
BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KK, iPad (Ex Prs 505, 500, Reb1100-2150, Rocket)
REB 1200 and/or PRS-500

Say MRers, anyone interested in a legacy RCA REB1200 color ebook reader, or a Sony PRS-500? A friend of mine is buying a new PRS-505 this week and she's interested in selling off her older readers. Everything is in good condition, photos available on request, shipping at actual charge based on how you'd like it shipped. We're located here in Canada and can ship worldwide.

She would love to get:

US$100 obo for the REB1200

US$100 obo for the PRS-500.

The 500 comes with the nice green cover, plus of course the power supply.

The 1200 comes with the removable cover, power supply and stylus. I believe there is also a CF memory card - I think it's 512K, but it might be 256K.

Please let me know if there is any interest or questions.

Mike

Edited to change the price on the PRS-500. It's seems I overpriced it a bit and she'd be happy to pass it on for $100. There is also apparently a second battery included with the REB1200 - a new old stock one purchased a few years ago.

Last edited by BuddyBoy; 07-17-2009 at 05:59 PM.
BuddyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:44 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I'm very much interested in the REB1200 if it's in very good condition. (I'll be in the U.S. in two days.)

Some questions, please:

1) What is the firmware version?
2) What is the condition of the battery?
3) Is your friend currently able to download onto the Reader books from Fictionwise? (This would depend upon the firmware version, I believe.)

Thanks,
Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:15 PM   #3
BuddyBoy
eBookin' Fool
BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I'm very much interested in the REB1200 if it's in very good condition. (I'll be in the U.S. in two days.)

Some questions, please:

1) What is the firmware version?
2) What is the condition of the battery?
3) Is your friend currently able to download onto the Reader books from Fictionwise? (This would depend upon the firmware version, I believe.)

Thanks,
Don
Hi Don, I'm fairly sure I updated the firmware when ETI took them over so that she could use the RebLibrarian to download additional books, but I'll have to confirm that. If there is a later firmware available, let me know and I'll try updating it.

I'll confirm the battery condition, but am willing to swap it out for one of my newer ones if necessary (I have a 1200 and 2150 and purchased some new batteries about three or four years ago. They may have been new old stock however, so I'll have to test their ability to hold a charge.)
Old 07-16-2009, 12:07 PM   #4
jedavis1
Zealot
jedavis1 doesn't litterjedavis1 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
PM sent about the PRS500.
jedavis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:25 PM   #5
Houndx
Groupie
Houndx doesn't litterHoundx doesn't litter

Device: A81 MID, Dell Streak
Sent ya a PM about the REB1200. I'm new, blah, blah but can give you references, etc.
Houndx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:49 AM   #6
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
great price on the 500.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:58 PM   #7
BuddyBoy
eBookin' Fool

Both are now spoken for. Thanks for your interest.