Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 11:15 PM   #1921
Thalia Helikon
Enthusiast
Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kindle n-T, Nook Color Tablet, Nexus 6
thanks! I'm assuming that the series information is specific to each library, and the Plugin can't build collections from "inactive" or "unselected" libraries.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:01 PM   #1922
jchiar
jchiar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
Does this work on the 2013 PW2 yet?
Old 10-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #1923
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@jchiar: Nope, and I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it, the device isn't even jailbroken.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:01 AM   #1924
viragored
Read, read, reader
viragored began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi all - sorry if this is a really dumb question. I've got a jailbroken Kindle Touch, Collections Manager running on the Kindle and the Collections plugin running in Calibre. What I want to do is use the 'Create' function to generate most of my collections by author, but use the 'Manual' function to create some additional collections.

The first screen shot (CM1) shows my settings and options for the Create function. The second screen shot (CM2) Shows my manual selection just before clicking the 'save' button. The third screen shot (CM3 View Report) shows the results from 'View Report', where the manually created collection appears as the first in the list. The fourth screen shot is the detail of the collections created by the 'Save To Kindle' function - and the manually created collection is not there. After running Collection Manager's import on the Kindle Touch, the manual collection does not appear on the Kindle although all the rest do.

Does the warning (on attachment 2) about 'Create' overwriting Calibre-managed collections really mean that manual collections will be ignored so I can't do what I want to do?

I am hoping this might be as simple as a wrong tick in a box somewhere, but I'd appreciate any help you folks can give. Just a link to the post with the answer would be fine!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CM1.JPG
Views:	281
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	114297   Click image for larger version

Name:	CM2.JPG
Views:	259
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	114298   Click image for larger version

Name:	CM3 View report.JPG
Views:	270
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	114299   Click image for larger version

Name:	CM4 create collections.JPG
Views:	261
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	114300  
Old 10-31-2013, 12:37 PM   #1925
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@viragored: Yup, the warning is accurate, you'll have to do it the other way around.

(Create => Manual), while making sure that you whitelist those collections you don't want Create to touch (what would be on the right part of the lower panel of the settings, cropped out in your first attachment) so that you don't lose your manual changes the next time you run Create..
Old 10-31-2013, 06:51 PM   #1926
viragored
Read, read, reader
viragored began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thanks @NiLuJe, I hadn't got my head round the whitelisting field. All my collections are now safely on the Kindle Touch
Old 11-25-2013, 05:35 PM   #1927
MichelePRC
MichelePRC began at the beginning.

Device: amazon kindle 4
Ehy guys! i tried this plugin for my kindle 4 nt but it seems not to be working... i also would have the possibility to set the type of justification when i read some ebooks; the new option is available but it is disabled, here a screenshot:

Do u know why? i also try the manual method modifying the reader.pref file, but it's the same...
Old 12-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #1928
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'm considering getting a Paperwhite. Is there a place that summarized all the steps (like jail braking, version of KC to use, etc) to get my Paperwhite up and running with Calibre and this plugin?
Old 12-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #1929
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@jangell2: Currently, there's nothing you can do on the PW2.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:54 PM   #1930
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@jangell2: Currently, there's nothing you can do on the PW2.
So the jailbreak is only for the PW1?
Old 12-05-2013, 03:06 AM   #1931
NiLuJe
BLAM!

The jailbreak works with a PW2, yes, but collection manager, no. .
Old 12-07-2013, 10:57 AM   #1932
jangell2
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
The jailbreak works with a PW2, yes, but collection manager, no. .
Is this because the paperwhite it so new or because Amazon has made it impossible for collection manager to work with it?
Old 12-07-2013, 11:11 AM   #1933
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@jangell2: Probably both, but you'd have to ask the right people for that (ie. the CM developer, ixtab). That, and ixtab hasn't even got the device yet.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:32 AM   #1934
jangell2
Addict

I think I have been unclear. I now see that there are two separate collection managers. One is Kindle Collections Plug-In for Calibre (discussed in this thread) and a stand-alone Collections Manager. Am I correct in this understanding?

It is also my understanding that neither work with PW 2, and at this time Amazon has made it impossible for KC or CM to work with the PW 2. Correct?

What I currently use is the plug-in. I'd sure love for it to work on the PW 2.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #1935
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@jangell2: The plugin works in tandem with the CM Kindlet for Kindle devices running FW 5.x (Touch/PW1/PW2).

So, while making the plugin support the PW2 is trivial, it doesn't actually help at all unless you also have a working CM Kindlet .
Closed Thread