Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-18-2013, 04:34 AM   #2326
Just4kix
Zealot
Just4kix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Just4kix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Just4kix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Just4kix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Just4kix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Just4kix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Just4kix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Just4kix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Just4kix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Just4kix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Just4kix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hi all,
My latest book I Made These Up (short stories for the fireside) is finally available.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B009ZZA

Short stories for the fireside (or wherever you have your e-reader). A diverse variety of humour, historical, murder, ghost, sentimental, adventure, and even a bit naughty - there is sure to be something to entertain you. There are even two BONUS read-aloud stories for children.
These stories have been published previously in magazines or newspapers. Some are adapted from chapters in But Can You Drink The Water? and some also appear in Something to Read on the Plane.

1. A ‘Tail’ of Woe.
Frank planned a quiet afternoon of model aeroplane building. But unfortunately he failed to take his father-in-law into account.
2. Proof of the Pudding.
The residents of Ladysmith were eager to escape before the town was besieged. Albert Swinbourne, however, had other plans.
3. The Tryst
He tried nibbling her ear. He wasn’t sure whether he should be licking, nibbling, or kissing it. Even after re-watching a movie he still hadn’t been able to make out the exact technique.
4. One Little Pig Stayed at Home.
When the young troopie was offered room and board in exchange for some light work, he thought his luck had changed.
5. The Secret.
Jenny wasn’t expecting to meet an old school friend, especially one who would revive memories best forgotten.
6. Flypast.
As the Spitfire soared into the air Bill wanted to impress his grandson, but would the old man’s nerves hold out?
7. A Matter of Convenience
Family holidays were not the happy events they had once been, especially now that Walter’s bladder had become a liability.
8. The Letter.
The two buddies were living and working together out in the sticks, and they were beginning to set each other’s teeth on edge. Then one of them made a very weird suggestion…
9. Night Noises.
Strange, the fascination and peculiar power of a man’s imagination; the terrors the silent darkness can hold. And who knows the tormented imaginings of those who have been led down the deep dark path of insanity...?

[Edited for length - MODERAT0R]

I know some of you get cross when books are only available on Amazon, but banking and other problems preclude me from using other outlets, so I hope you'll forgive me .

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-18-2013 at 06:14 AM.
Just4kix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #2327
PamelaMary
Guru
PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
FREE - Deadly Memories

It's free till midnight tonight so I hope all my friends here will have a fun read.

It's doing well in the Free store over at Amazon.

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #6 Free in Kindle Store
#1 in Kindle Store > Mystery & Thrillers

It's also #1 in Romantic suspense

Thanks for looking
Pam

US: http://www.amazon.com/Deadly-Memorie...8729840&sr=1-1
UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Deadly-Memor...9273013&sr=1-2
PamelaMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:47 AM   #2328
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Action/Adventure - "Dust Bowl Justice" - Free Prime Borrow

Jim Palmer is a good man
...his brother, Willie, is not.

An action/adventure story set in Texas during the Great Depression.

Amazon Kindle:
Amazon Prime members with a Kindle can borrow for free!
USUKGermanyItalyFranceSpainIndiaJapanBrazilCanada
(DRM-free and properly formatted for all Kindle devices, software, and apps)

Paperback:
Amazon: USUKGermanyItalyFranceSpainCreateSpace

(274 pages)

Last edited by DreamWriter; 07-01-2017 at 11:34 PM.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #2329
Cliff Ball
Zealot
Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Enjoy time travel without all the technobabble? Out of Time is only $.99 on Amazon, B&N, Apple, and Kobo.

A scientist figures out that time is fluid; past, present, and future all exist at the same time. His job is to figure out if time can be changed.

[Shortened URLs - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-15-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Cliff Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #2330
judeberman
judeberman began at the beginning.

ANGEL'S VOW

ANGEL'S VOW
by Jude Berman

The rags-to-riches love story of 18th century artist Angelica Kauffman. Discovered as a child prodigy, she vows to become a history painter, a field off-limits to women, and to remain single. In London, when she encounters a dark and mysterious count, and later in Rome when she befriends Goethe, her vows are repeatedly challenged.

http://www.amazon.com/Angels-Vow-ebo...=angel%27s+vow

$6.99 at Amazon
FREE on Jan 20 & 21
judeberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:17 PM   #2331
Martyn Taylor
Martyn Taylor began at the beginning.

Device: Palm T/X, Acer Ikonia, Kobo mini
Plugging on

"I Couldn't put it down;" are the words a writer wants to hear, and I heard them this week about Control Escape.

Iceline and Control Escape are available at Smashwords and elsewhere. Check them out; a good read for the price of a good cup of coffee.

Iceline - Two weeks holiday in Scotland stretched into weeks as a missing person. He turned up battered, bruised and bloody, dumped on a mountain. He'd crossed a line without knowing his enemies. He was sure of his friends and wanted answers. The Iceline had been broken and the secret was out. This time Steel was ready for trouble.
Iceline is at https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/216309

Control: Escape -Steve Arkwright jumped a firewall and his life fell apart. The men in suits gave him an offer he couldn't refuse. After years of jumping hoops and someone looking over his shoulder he wants to change things around. The gilded cage is tarnished and he sees the prison. He wants out and finds allies at The Grange, Steel and Langhers are drawn in to his plans and have their own agenda.
Control Escape is at https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/216761

I have a third book, a work in progress, as a free download
What You Ask For is at
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/251184

A bit of tomfoolery on a hot summer afternoon, an uploaded video and an opportunity to apply pressure. Jessica was Michael Spear's weak spot and pressure was applied. Ransom demanded and Steel was asked to make the delivery. Delivery wasn't on his mind, he was going in to collect and someone would pay.

What You Ask For started off as the Nanowrimo entry last November, and is still going. feel free to help yourself to this one, I would welcome any feedback you might have on any of them.

Last edited by Martyn Taylor; 01-23-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Martyn Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #2332
CGore
CGore began at the beginning.

Far from a Fairytale

Free from 1/20-1/23
Check it out if you need a light/fun read in the chick-lit genre!

Once upon a time Holly falls in love with Derrick who falls in love with her best friend Cameron. With Derrick’s and Cameron’s wedding on the horizon, she does her best to catch the groom’s interest. But there’s one complication: the best man who won’t leave her side-for better or for worse.

If Julia Roberts can’t get the guy in My Best Friend’s Wedding, what chance does Holly have?

She may have a chance if the wedding’s called off.

And if she finds herself on a plane with the groom to Germany…

But what’s a girl to do with Cameron and Jack? And not to mention her boyfriend Steve… Yikes.

http://www.amazon.com/Far-From-a-Fai...om+a+fairytale
CGore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:09 PM   #2333
Cliff Ball
Zealot
Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Enjoy political thrillers? Get The Usurper on your Kindle, Nook, Apple, Google, or Kobo device.

Gary hates the US & does whatever it takes to bring the US down from within.

[Shortened URL - MODERATOR]

Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the...91626531?mt=11

Nook: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The...kproduct&pwb=2

Kobo: http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/The-U...Gz_D6wvxDg&r=3

Google: https://play.google.com/store/books/...=search_result

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-15-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Cliff Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:48 PM   #2334
robin.114
robin.114 began at the beginning.

Siege of Terra

Hello everyone!

My name is Robin MacMillan, and I'm a newly published Author that just put up the book "Siege of Terra" on Amazon. Now i know there is a lot of traffic here on this site so that's why I'm posting here. A lot of people ask me, how hard was it to write? I say its easy, its promoting your work that's the hard part.

Here is the blurb for the book.

In the early twenty-first century Earth is finally overcome by famine and pollution. Humanity is forced to unite and work together to save themselves. It took nearly two centuries before they succeeded in their mission: Space. They left Earth behind hoping to begin again on another world: Terra. Terra was a solution to a problem. Humans thought they were alone...The fate of the human race rests heavily on the shoulders of Colonel Mavrik Woods. Mavrik thought he knew who he could trust...

So please, check out my book, i would love to get some reviews going on.

Robin MacMillan.

http://www.amazon.com/Siege-Terra-Ma...obin+MacMillan
robin.114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:24 AM   #2335
Micheal Rivers
Micheal Rivers began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
VERLIEGE
A Supernatural Thriller

Reduced to $0.99 for ONE day Jan. 22nd.

Amazon Link

Description: The world of Adrian Bolt shattered as his wife lay butchered on the floor of Castle Verliege. His conviction by a German court was as swift as the sword that killed her. He maintained his silence knowing his story would not be believed. Though his reputation was impeccable there was nobody willing to stand for him.

Another world lay in wait for anyone living within the walls of the castle; waiting, watching for eternity to keep the Mueller name upon its registers. There is only one world here for those who choose to stay. To enter its doors...is an invitation into the unknown!
Micheal Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:36 AM   #2336
geoffnelder
ghost reader
geoffnelder began at the beginning.

INFECTIOUS AMNESIA WINS AWARD!
British Geoff Nelder won an American award in the world of science fiction. His book, ARIA, has won the coveted Readers’ Poll run annually by the Preditors & Editors organisation. The first volume of the trilogy, ARIA: Left Luggage, published by LL-Publications, came first out of 85 novels in the category of science fiction and fantasy. ARIA has caught the imagination of readers worldwide as it is the only book to have used the idea of amnesia being infectious. In the story, no-one is immune from the infectious amnesia and people lose memory backwards at an alarming rate forgetting where they live, their jobs and eventually how to write, read and speak. A few isolate themselves in a North Wales valley hoping to survive and fight back at the perpetrators of the virus
Kindle http://www.amazon.com/ARIA-Left-Lugg...dp/B008RADGYC/
geoffnelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:46 AM   #2337
jonaswrites
jonaswrites began at the beginning.

New short story: A Killer Date

Hi,

I have published a new short story. It's called A Killer Date and is about a romantic encounter gone bad. It's a mix between horror and thriller and is available for free on both Smashwords and Scribd. All I ask in return is some feedback or a share

Thanks! /Jonas
jonaswrites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #2338
elfmanguy
elfmanguy began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Hello all! I've published my first short story. Please give it a read if you like. It's cheap at 99¢. There are short descriptions of deaths, but they are few and I believe someone the ages of 12 and above can handle the somewhat morbid subject matter. If you or you or your kid loves Tim Burton or Neil Gaiman, this may be right up your alley.

The Death of Death

Death guides usually have rather normal names like John, Mary, Harry, and Jessica. And even ones not quite so normal, like Bartholomew or Ambrosia. They also have the most interesting tales behind their deaths. But one particular death guide has a few problems: she cannot remember her name or the details of her demise, and thus has no story of her own. One fateful night, she meets a young girl that may change her death forever.

Inspired by and in the style of Children's tales of old, The Death of Death is a tragic, yet sweet little tale about loss and acceptance.

Suitable for ages 12 and up.

Here are a couple of reviews:

"How can death be so touching? Read this story to find out. The author uses a poetic prose as he pulls you into not only the story, but also the characters. Written against the backdrop of death this story (ironically) is full of magic. Opposites of life and death come together, giving context to the full spectrum of the human condition. This story touched me in many ways, and I am so glad that I stumbled upon it."

"I found this story to be a refreshing change in its uniqueness. Very well thought-out.

In fact, the story has an essence of Tim Burton-esque, in the terms of creating beauty from tragedy, that sets the tone from the onset and is one of my favorite aspects. The whimsy and tragedy combined were carefully written with a beautiful plot that succeeds in building a sort of suspense throughout the story. The characters were well written, thoughtful and eccentric, in a successful attempt to draw me into the characters emotion!

This is one of the writer's first efforts and, all in all, is an admirable effort and was well worth the read. I would highly recommend this being adapted into a short film and would be the first in line to view it!"

"Very touching story about a topic that most of us don't like to think about. The imagery was beautiful. It was if I was "reading" a movie, if that makes sense. This story is highly recommended!"
elfmanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:59 AM   #2339
nicsnews
nicsnews began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Acupuncture For Fertility - Amazon Bestseller

Hi everyone,

I have a free promo running over 2 days this weekend the 26th & 27th January.

This Amazon Bestseller is the 2nd book in my "What Is Acupuncture & How Can It Help Me" series. It's called "Acupuncture For Fertility: From Conception To Delivery & Everything In Between"

The book explains how acupuncture can help increase fertility naturally, and assist with all the discomforts and issues throughout pregnancy, such as morning sickness, back pain etc. It also covers labor, breastfeeding, the 'baby blues' and more.

I'd appreciate any downloads, likes, and reviews if you enjoy the book.

Here's the links...

US http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AOYXTUK

UK http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00AOYXTUK

nicsnews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:46 AM   #2340
Rita Lee Chapman
rchapman1
Rita Lee Chapman began at the beginning.

Device: e-reader
Missing in Egypt 50% off coupon

My ebook Missing in Egypt, a romantic travel mystery, is available on Smashwords for $1.50 instead of $2.99 until 14 February (Valentine's Day!). Just go to https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/263417 and enter coupon No JG75N.

Set in Sydney, Cairo and Luxor “Missing in Egypt©” tells the story of Anna Davies employed as a Personal Assistant by an Australian Federal MP in the late 1980’s/early 1990’s. Anna is approached by a constituent of Egyptian descent to assist him in finding his brother, Ramy, who is missing in Egypt.

Follow Anna as she travels to Egypt with Kareem to help him in his search. The storyline includes vivid descriptions of several Egyptian antiquities such as Abu Simbel, the Temple of Karnak, The Valley of the Kings and the Pyramids.

It is also available as an ebook ($2.99) and paperbook($9.99) on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Missing-in-Egy...ssing+in+Egypt
Rita Lee Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2.99, a dead man's debt, aaron & keja, amazon, anthology, bloated goat, captain nothing, cj west, crime fiction, crowdfunding, ebook, ebooks, fantasy, finding books, free ebook, free ebook downloads, funny, giveaway, god, grace elliot, health, heir to the everlasting, hop, independent, indie, indie bestsellers, just doll, kdp, kickstarter, middle grade, nook, ratticus, sci-fi novel, science fiction, scifi, selfhelp, short story, soul, spirituality, staten bay trilogy, suspense, sweepstakes, uke, ukulele, website, witch book, writing, zombified buffalo