Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-08-2010, 03:07 AM   #1
Spankypoo
Enthusiast
Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Myriad
Question about transition from K2 to DXG

I have a K2, which I'm going to sell once my DXG arrives. A few questions about the transition:

1. I want to keep the name of the K2 for the DXG (and thus the email address). It's pretty awesome (if I do say so), and I'm sure someone else would love to snatch it up if it sits idle for long. If I deregister the K2 and immediately change the name of the DXG, is that the safest bet?

2. I want to move all of my back issues of periodicals over. I'm assuming that means I have to download 'em all via USB from Amazon. Right? Do I lose highlights? Speaking of:

3. I want to preserve highlights, notes, etc. I don't have 2 Kindles yet but I'm assuming those just sync, right? What about the text file of highlights? Don't want to lose that. So should I copy it over to the DXG? Or would it be best to archive the old text doc and start anew? (I'd prefer not to, as I'm mid-book on a number of titles right now.)

Thanks!

Last edited by Spankypoo; 07-08-2010 at 03:22 AM.
Spankypoo is offline   Reply With Quote