Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-10-2010, 03:47 PM   #1
Ambermonk
Enthusiast
Ambermonk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2, Kindle3, Fire HD6, Fire HD8
Bug in Calalog Function?

I have been using Calibré's catalog function for a while with no problems. Last night I decided to explore the 12 catalog functions (Genres, Recently Read, descriptions, etc.)

After I was finished, I went back to continue reading my current book. It was no longer listed at the top of my "most recent first" sort. I eventually found it as the last item on this sort (as if it was the first item that I had ever purchased, and never read).

I tried reading some more and then pressing the home button - but the book no longer appears at the top of the list. I tried another book and it also went to the bottom of the list (but above the previous book that I had been reading)

Possible Cause: When in the Calibré Catalog, I selected the number to the right of "Genres" (I have 34 genres listed). I was on page 1 of 6. I typed the number 6 to move directly to the last page of the genres. This "go-to" function is apparently not supported by Calibré. Before the screen changed, I pressed the 'right cursor' and my Kindle completely froze. I did a 20 second reset and, while the Kindle came back up, I could no longer save a book to the top of the "most recent first" screen.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix this problem (short of contacting Kindle Customer Service)?
Ambermonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:43 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
A couple of things.

It sounds like your clock has lost the correct time, which might explain why your recently read book wouldn't be at the top of the list. Press the menu button to see what time the Kindle thinks it is. It's not uncommon to lose the time after a reset, and the current time is how the Kindle knows what's been most recently read. If that's the case, turn on wireless to get the time reset.

Also, the navigation technique of using a page number to jump forward only works in the home page, not in a document (the catalog is a document).

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2010, 07:40 PM   #3
Ambermonk
Enthusiast
Ambermonk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2, Kindle3, Fire HD6, Fire HD8
You're right. The time was off. When I did my first reset, I did not have wireless on. With wireless on, I did another reset and that did correct the problem. Thank you for the excellent advice.

Let's hope that Kovid will implement the "Jump Forward" feature in a future version of Calibré.
Ambermonk is offline   Reply With Quote