Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

View Poll Results: Should Alex start a Jetbook Forum?
Yes, C'mon Alex!! 90 79.65%
No 14 12.39%
I'd like to follow the results 9 7.96%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-28-2009, 09:23 AM   #31
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I voted no... I would even say there should be less fora. Bundle alls those devices that aren't amongst the highly popular ones in one forum. So, you'd have a "Various E-Book Devices" forum (like you have the "Legacy E-Book Devices")
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:47 PM   #32
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Thanks Harry,

It's good to get some feedback from the moderation team!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2009, 12:52 PM   #33
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Let me assure you that the requests for a Jetbook forum are NOT being ignored by the moderating team. Alex, who runs the site, is unfortunately tied up with "real world" stuff at present, but I know that it is high on his priority list to sort out when he gets some time to attend to it.
thank you.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:54 PM   #34
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonteku View Post
I voted Yes! in the poll but I'm wondering if we're coming close to being annoying about this subject,how many times do we ask a question before it sounds like whining?
Which is exactly why I started this poll.

I wanted to see if there was a true desire, or just a few people asking.

As you can see, it seems to be pretty much the former.

We also know Alex has it on his "too do" list, so......

I think we can lay the matter to rest, and allow Alex to develop it in his own good time.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:43 PM   #35
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
I'd be content with an "other devices" forum (although I do think there's enough interest & activity to support a Jetbook forum), and perhaps we should have one of those, considering the number of new e-ink readers being planned or released.

When the Coolerbook comes out in a few weeks, people will want to discuss it, and I don't think "News & Commentary" is the best place for those discussions. As other new readers are developed, I don't know that there's enough demand for each of them to warrant a forum, but it'd be nice to have a place for them. (Maybe the Readius forum could be converted to "Not Yet Released Ebook Readers?")
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2009, 06:01 PM   #36
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Welcome to MobileRead, LuBiB.

Would you consider going here, and introducing yourself to us?

We'd really like the chance to welcome you properly. Tell us where you are from, and what you like to read, and any other things about yourself you'd like to share!
(start a new thread.......)

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49
hey desertgrandma!

thanks for welcoming me with open arms

i just gave my intro so without further adue.....

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...382#post473382
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:07 PM   #37
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
Welcome to the forum LuBiB! What color is your jetBook?
hey kris!

i have a red one right now but i wanna buy the black one for my dad on fathers day and then 'eloquently maneuver' my way for him to take mine while i get the black one (its SO sleek looking)
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:26 PM   #38
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuBiB View Post
hey kris!

i have a red one right now but i wanna buy the black one for my dad on fathers day and then 'eloquently maneuver' my way for him to take mine while i get the black one (its SO sleek looking)
Sounds like a plan
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:28 PM   #39
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I voted no... I would even say there should be less fora. Bundle alls those devices that aren't amongst the highly popular ones in one forum. So, you'd have a "Various E-Book Devices" forum (like you have the "Legacy E-Book Devices")
I approve -2594 Karma
Old 05-29-2009, 05:31 PM   #40
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I vote yes. I only have a kindle, but I enjoy reading about other devices. Go Alex!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:46 AM   #41
dezufnoC
dezufnoC began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Jetbook
I vote yes. While I understand that for the mod this will take some time to create and will need someone to monitor, I have seen some very enthusiastic people here who could help. I myself would not be opposed to helping out if a newbie can offer his limited knowledge

I purchased a Sony (for me) and a Jetbook (for my wife) for Christmas. Well I left my Sony on an international flight last week. I'm now faced with the dilemma of what to buy. I'm leaning toward the Jetbook as my wife is very pleased with it.
dezufnoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:01 PM   #42
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezufnoC View Post
I vote yes. While I understand that for the mod this will take some time to create and will need someone to monitor, I have seen some very enthusiastic people here who could help. I myself would not be opposed to helping out if a newbie can offer his limited knowledge

I purchased a Sony (for me) and a Jetbook (for my wife) for Christmas. Well I left my Sony on an international flight last week. I'm now faced with the dilemma of what to buy. I'm leaning toward the Jetbook as my wife is very pleased with it.
Oh no thats awful!!! Maybe you'll get it back? *crosses fingers*
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:00 AM   #43
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezufnoC View Post

If your wife has Black color jetBook you can purchase white from newegg.com with $100 discount for $199.99 (they sell Black jetBook for $299.99).
As for me I have Black jetBook and my wife has the white one .
Old 06-03-2009, 12:56 AM   #44
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Not sure why it doesn't have a forum-does it not count as an ebook because it doesn't use e-ink?
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:10 AM   #45
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
Not sure why it doesn't have a forum-does it not count as an ebook because it doesn't use e-ink?
Good question...