Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-08-2010, 10:11 PM   #1
billyjoeraybob
billyjoeraybob began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Spontaneous restart while using Basic web

I have a KDX running 2.3. Recently while using basic web I have had my KDX restart complete with the tree screen and the progress bar. Anyone else experienced this?
billyjoeraybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:27 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Is it one particular website or any that you try to connect to? Maybe the site is too complicated and is freaking out the browser. Try going to skweezer.com and accessing the website through the skweezer proxy.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2010, 01:49 PM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Or it may simply be a "routine" reboot - if you leave your K on all the time, it periodically spontaneously reboots.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:51 PM   #4
billyjoeraybob
billyjoeraybob began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Kool. It has only happened the one time so maybe that was it. I have not been able to recreate it. Thanks all!
billyjoeraybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:08 PM   #5
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
I have this problem every so often as well. It doesn't seem to be due to the specific website I'm visiting.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2010, 03:55 PM   #6
dasym
Connoisseur
dasym began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle. iPad 3
I've got a Kindle DX in the UK and this has happened quite a few times. As we can only browse the Kindle Store and Wikepedia here it's on those sites that it's happened.
dasym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:59 PM   #7
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I've had it happen on a few sites. During a power outage I was using my DX to surf for information and some of the graphic/flash intensive sites made it reset. Fortunately the power was only out for 8 hours while we got 3 ft of snow.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote