Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-30-2009, 02:59 AM   #1
comfort
comfort began at the beginning.

Device: searching
getting calibre

Hi

Hope you could help me. I tried to download calibre to my windows XP computer and got this massage, see attached file.

what should I do now?

thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre.gif
Views:	215
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	31397  
comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:11 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Sounds as if you tried to download and run it all in one go. It is better to download it first an then run it after a successful download to do the install.

The download is ~30MB so make sure you are not running out of space on your system drive.

I also notice that you have non-ascii characters in your username, and that could be causing the install to fail. Therefore when you download it, do not put it on your desktop - instead put it somewhere else on your hard drive.

Last edited by itimpi; 06-30-2009 at 03:15 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2009, 04:21 AM   #3
comfort
comfort began at the beginning.

Device: searching
thank you itimpi

now it is installed.
I do suspect that it is slowing my computer.
comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:59 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Simply installing Calibre should not slow things down.

When Calibre is running doing something (i.e. not simply loaded but idle) it can certainly affect performance as most of its tasks tend to be CPU intensive. Also it is quite heavy on RAM usage - I would not want to use Calibre on a system with less than 1GB of RAM although it would probably run on a 512MB system if you are not doing much else.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote