Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-19-2014, 12:20 PM   #1
Mogave
Mogave began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD 7"
Output Profile Nook HD 7"

Hello. In setting up Calibre Preferences for my Nook HD 7" device, I could not find in the Page Setup dialog an Output format for Nook HD, or any for that matter with the required Resolution of 1440 X 900. Does anyone know if there is another option there that definitely would work? I am trying to convert Amazon Kindle format to ePub. Thank you.
Mogave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:45 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The output format is really only used to optimise embedded images (such as covers). You are probably best off using the Tablet profile which leaves images unchanged and letting the Nook itself doing any image resizing as needed when you actually read the book.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2014, 07:39 PM   #3
Mogave

Thank you Itimpi. That helps a lot. I obviously did not know that! Regards.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:48 PM   #4
Mogave

Procedure for Converting Amazon Books to ePub [Nook HD]

Procedures for Buying a Book in AZW3 or MOBI File Type format from Amazon Book website, converting it to standard ePub format, and loading to Nook HD 7” via Sideloading operation [WINDOWS]
1. Open Kindle for PC Application and buy Book from Amazon, and clicking Shop in Kindle store button on top RHS of Interface.
2. Purchase book on Amazon, following their procedures
3. If necessary click on Sync button in Kindle for PC application on top LHS of Interface.
4. Copy MOBI format book from Kindle directory to Calibre directory – i.e.
FROM
C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\My Kindle Content
TO
C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\Calibre Library
5. Open Calibre and Add a Book using top LHS red icon (press Open button in dialog box)
6. In Calibre, select the book in the Library, and hit the top Convert Book button in order to convert it
7. Connect Nook HD with USB, until shown as a volume in Windows Explorer
8. In Calibre Library, select the book, right click and choose SEND TO DEVICE + SEND TO MAIN MEMORY
9. Open Library of Nook HD, and book should be there
Old 03-22-2014, 03:15 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Step 4 is unnecessary and should be avoided as it puts an file at the root of the Calibre library that Calibre will not track. You can tell Calibre to add it directly from the location of Kindle for PC at step 5 as at that point Calibre makes a copy into its own library.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2014, 04:17 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I would replace steps 4 and 5 with "Drag and drop the book from the Kindle directory into calibre". And you can set calibre to automatically convert the book when it is added to the appropriate format. Or you can let calibre do the conversion when sending the book to the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 04:22 PM   #7
therock
therock began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
HELP converting mobi to Epub, I have done it repeatedly

Hello
My problem is I bought a book from Amazon, like I do often. I own a NOOK 9 inch color tablet. I have converted, removed, rebought and converted again and it won't open on the NOOK. I may eat the giftcard which bought this one and rebuy it on Barnes and Noble. It is the only one I can not get to work. I do not know what I am doing wrong or right. Any one have any suggestions> And simple please. Not smart for this.
Thank you
therock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, file conversion, nook hd output profile, nook hd profile