Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-13-2013, 11:16 PM   #1
DarkAbsynthe
DarkAbsynthe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
HTML to MOBI command line convert not generating default cover?

I'm using Calibre's command line converter to convert HTML to various formats. When I convert from HTML to EPUB, Calibre generates a default cover with author and title on it. When I convert from HTML to MOBI, Calibre does not generate a default cover.

I don't care about viewing this on a specific device. I have several, so I create the most generic version of a format and it works great for me. I would however like to see the cover.

I looked through the command line options and saw one to specify an image, but I don't think that would put the author and title on the cover?

Oh, and if I convert something to EPUB first, then convert EPUB -> MOBI, I get the cover from the EPUB file. But converting something twice seems silly.

Anyone know how I'd do that? Have Calibre generate the default cover when using the command line HTML to MOBI converter?

Thanks!!!
DarkAbsynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:19 AM   #2
DarkAbsynthe

Anyone?
Advert
Old 10-19-2013, 09:21 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
default covers are only generated for epub and pdf formats, not mobi. If you want a default cover for mobi you have to go via epub.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:53 PM   #4
DarkAbsynthe

Thank you for the answer!