Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-22-2010, 09:18 PM   #106
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
I'm sitting at around 47k
Wonderful!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:10 AM   #107
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I sat, then sprinted .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2010, 02:00 PM   #108
bobavey
Bob Avey
bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobavey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Sometimes it takes me a month to write a paragraph.
bobavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:58 PM   #109
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I'm trying to huff and puff my way to the 50k mark. Might just make it. If only I could stop surfing the web!
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:25 PM   #110
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Go baby Go!
Advert
Old 11-27-2010, 10:17 AM   #111
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
I forgot to brag before...55340....which puts me at 50% done with Ashes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nano_10_winner_120x240-6.png
Views:	208
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	61904  
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:36 AM   #112
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:05 PM   #113
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Oooh, I've got one of those too, doesn't it feel great!! Nowhere near finished the book, in fact it's just starting to get really tense. I've learned more about writing than from any "how to write book" or from a slowly written novel (like the one which took ten years!!).

Attached Images

BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:21 AM   #114
GeoffC

My NaNoWriMo entry is attached at the bottom.
Written in a beta Scivener the rtf file is the source for the mobi and ePub.
There's a pdf from Scivener which as a 'better' format (!)

Limited editing has taken place, and the conversions from the rtf have lost the chapter breaks.

My only reviewer this far has been surprised, though it wasn't until she had gotten past the first three 'chapters' that the story had 'woken' up.

Enjoy, laugh, weep or snigger !

[Oh! and the story is mine, so keep off of it]

Available for a limited period only ...

"Only the Innocents Suffer"

Last edited by GeoffC; 12-12-2010 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Attachments Removed....
Old 11-29-2010, 10:35 AM   #115
kennyc

Congratulations Geoff!
Old 12-04-2010, 07:12 PM   #116
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
So, I can't steal this?

Maybe I'll post mine later tonight..hrm...

Last edited by jaxx6166; 12-04-2010 at 07:17 PM.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote