Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-05-2011, 07:54 AM   #46
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinra tensei View Post
Hi everybody, I am a new pocketbook 903 owner, and so i stay here.
Thanks you Review for all this work on this device. I installed your djviewer application. It works well, but now there is just one dictionary available, English- German, which is useless for me since I am Italian and I don't know German.
There is something that can be done?

Welcome to Mobileread ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:04 AM   #47
preempalver
Connoisseur
preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: PocketBook pro 603 (Leggo IBS fw PB 2.1.3)
Hi Shinra, this is an english-italian/italian-english dictionary, and there is monolingual as well;
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...75#post1451875
preempalver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:16 AM   #48
Shinra tensei
Connoisseur
Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.

Device: Sony DPT-s1, Pocketbook 903, Onyx M90, iPad 4
Thank you very much. (grazie tante eh eh eh)
Shinra tensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:58 AM   #49
adam l
adam l began at the beginning.

Device: PB 603
Hi,

I have experimented with DJViewer lately and I have found 2 problems:

a) it does not enhance the contrast for some DJVU files.
For example in this one:
http://www.pbc.rzeszow.pl/Content/16...+Rzeszowa.djvu

b) it does not us anti-aliasing
When the font is small it is very jagged.
Is it possible to use anti aliasing?

For example using this algorithm:
a) find the level of blackness for the font - for this color use black
b) when the level of blackness is above one half of the black color - use gray

Or something similar?
Or is it possible to set the level like gamma correction?

regards,
Adam
adam l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:54 AM   #50
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
The DJVU files contain scanned images, so there is no anti-aliasing because there are no fonts. They are just pictures.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:13 AM   #51
adam l

I ment something like attached.
1. Original image
2. Just converted ti B/W (2 colors)
3. converted to 16 colors grayscale, but white is set to bottom and black is set to the color of the font - that is what I would like to see
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img-orig.gif
Views:	350
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	75959   Click image for larger version

Name:	img-no-antialias.gif
Views:	329
Size:	3.0 KB
ID:	75960   Click image for larger version

Name:	img-antialias.gif
Views:	342
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	75961  
Old 09-07-2011, 08:16 AM   #52
adam l

I see that there is no answer.
Can I get the source code for the enhanced version of djviewer so I could experiment with adding new contrast options?
Is it somewhere available on the web?

Adam
Old 09-07-2011, 11:38 AM   #53
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Wrong info. Deleted.

Last edited by rkomar; 09-07-2011 at 11:42 AM.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:25 PM   #54
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Review, thank you for this great app!
If i were GiK ("Guys in Kiev", aka PocketBook HQ office), I would definitely paid you and would include this as a new feature in the nearest fw update.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:53 PM   #55
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

Device: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam l View Post
I see that there is no answer.
Can I get the source code for the enhanced version of djviewer so I could experiment with adding new contrast options?
Is it somewhere available on the web?

Adam
Hi Adam,
I'm so sorry that I have missed your questions. I have been very active and supportive of PB for a very long time. And I excused time and time and time again that they haven't been submitting the source code. In fact I spoke to the chief Programmer in Kiev and just got messages like: "that I will be the first to receive the source code" or "you will get the source code ASAP" and so on. I waited a months and didn't get anything. But instead of becoming vocal about it as many others did here I just resigned... in frustration.
PB seems to strongly violate the GPLs at least they were doing it for the whole time I was monitoring the forum (until about June 2011). I'm not sure if anything dramatically improved since then. Don't get me wrong, I do understand that it is entirely not the fault of the european representatives or any other representatives and even more, I do understand that it might be very busy in Kiev and that they're just to busy with other things than caring about the legal matters. So, I'm not blaming anyone here. I do know that life can be busy at times. But unfortunately the result of this is that they lost my heart, which was beating for their company. Of course this is not a final thing. As soon as I see that they cooperate more I'm more than willing to add my support to it. But they have to do the first step: I'm waiting for them to update me of where the source code is which we requested. I mean, landscape browsing in midori (which is a powerful browser for an ebook) might be just a few clicks away for me but my hands are bound without the source code.... So, at this point, I would say that they can't expect from me to follow for a year day after day what they or others say on this forum just to get the source code.
You may see that here speaks a great amount of frustration out of my message ... but there we are... Frustration is at the moment the predominant feeling.

Now coming to the source code: the European representatives of PB asked me for the source code, which I made available to them. Guess what happened: They never downloaded it from my servers.
Of course not, because the version which was available to me and which was the basis for my additions was a very old version. But it was the only version which ever had been published by PB.

Of course I can send you my source code but there is something: I've stopped continuing development on that version because PB promised the imminent publication (back in June or so) of a new version including source code. So I thought: What is the point making my improvements on an outdated source code. My additions may not even be compatible with new versions. And because of the promises I thought it's just a matter of another few weeks until I get the new source code and I will work on that. So that's the full story.

I repeat here again one thing what I said above: I may do PB injustice now as I stopped following this forum for months now. So it may be possible that things improved. If this is the case then I do apologize. Of course my critics are not related to the hard working Forkosigan and Mtraveller. Those two people do the best what they can and I do appreciate their support.

So to some extend this here is an open letter to PB in Kiev.
review is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:26 PM   #56
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

Device: 903
from: http://pocketbook-free.sourceforge.net/en/index.shtml

Quote:
We enable the environment to favor open source developers progress. We are ready to keep on making all efforts possible to ensure the fruitful dialogue as equals with the talented developers by providing them with a constant ground to extend knowledge, exchange experience and implement bold ideas.

but https://pocketbook-free.svn.sourcefo...free/djviewer/

is still the version which is more than three years old.

So a general question in the more active forum members: Did I miss something or isn't a new version of djviewer etc available.

I don't want to make unjust judgement but from the official places I don't see any new source code.

Any pointers are more than welcome!
review is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:07 PM   #57
crimeeee
crimeeee began at the beginning.

Device: .,
Hi guys, I have a PB Pro 912 and I'd be delighted if I could use this DJVU viewer. I have followed all the instructions, but couldn´t manage to make this tool work on my reader, 'cause once it is installed, when I open a DJVU book, the contrast options don´t work. I have tried it all. ¿Could you be so kind to tell me all the necessary steps? Thanks a lot.

PS: I suppose this tool will work on my 912 reader, because the 903 reader is quite similar, isn't it?
crimeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:24 AM   #58
donbex
donbex began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimeeee View Post
'cause once it is installed, when I open a DJVU book, the contrast options don´t work.
Does the viewer crash or not start at all? Otherwise it is probably working correctly. The "contrast" options AFAIK just change which layers of the .djvu to display (full grey-scale v.s. foreground only) or if to display it in b/w only. If your file has only one b/w layer, those options will have no practical effect.

Have you tried reading the file on the computer, by the way? How does it display?
donbex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:19 PM   #59
crimeeee
crimeeee began at the beginning.

Device: .,

Last edited by crimeeee; 09-13-2014 at 02:49 PM.
crimeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:13 AM   #60
donbex
donbex began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 602
Quote:
The file can be read quite well in the computer, but using zoom.
This could mean that the letters are quite little and thin. If this is the case you could only read the file zoomed on the e-reader, too (e.g. try using it horizontally).

Quote:
¿How do I know if my DJVU file has several layers?, ¿Where can I download a book that will work with this tool, so that I can give it a try? Thanks again.
Well, every .djvu file has multiple layers, actually. To find out if your file have non-white background, you could use your .djvu viewer on the PC. For example, in djviewer there is a "View" menu where you can select "Display -> Foreground" to view only the foreground (exactly what one of the "contrast" options I told you about) or "Display -> Background" do view only the background.
Sorry, though, but I don't know where you could find some example .djvu, as I read only b/w ones. From what you wrote, though, the file you already tried on the e-reader should suffice.
donbex is offline   Reply With Quote