Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-26-2014, 03:32 PM   #28066
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I'm glad you are feeling better ProfCrash.
Same here!

First tea of the afternoon. It's (very) cold out there, but the sun is bright and the snow missed us!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:15 PM   #28067
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
An afternoon diet coke.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2014, 10:48 PM   #28068
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Well, I'm running down the road
tryin' to loosen my load
I've got seven women on
my mind,
Four that wanna own me,
Two that wanna stone me,
One says she's a friend of mine
Take It easy, take it easy
Don't let the sound of your own wheels
drive you crazy
Lighten up while you still can
don't even try to understand
Just find a place to make your stand
and take it easy

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEzTdBJUHO8 )

Road Trip!!!

Good morning, everyone! It's a bright and sunny Thursday, perfect for a day-long ride through the mountains along the Burmese border! GPS is powered up, map packed, good-luck talismans petted... Ready! I've thrown a handful of little sewing kits and a few packs of colored pencils and pads in case we discover any hilltribe villages we haven't seen before. Kids all over the world love to color! I've filled my thermos with Ving Joom On's "English Breakfast" tea, and drinking a mug or two before we leave. Should be a fun day!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:53 PM   #28069
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have fun, stay safe, and say "hi" to the kids for me!

About to pour a little Zinfandel to warm up a cold night!
Old 03-26-2014, 11:22 PM   #28070
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Beautiful picture of the children, Stitchawl. I always love to see your photos of the different areas and people. I hope you have a great day.

Chinese food, a fresh cup of coffee, and curled up to relax now.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2014, 12:46 AM   #28071
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Have fun, stay safe, and say "hi" to the kids for me!

About to pour a little Zinfandel to warm up a cold night!
You're a tease. You know I miss good Zinfadel more than any other red wine. How about telling us which one to really rub it in.

A last glass of fresh squeezed orange juice to take my evening pills.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:04 AM   #28072
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This must be my season for finding Ceylon teas at special sale prices. I struck out completely on one, found a fairly decent on on the next, and now I'm drinking another new Ceylon tea from a company called Heladiv. It appears to be a Sri Lankan company, relatively new, putting out a wide range of flavored and blended teas. I found their "Christmas Blend" on sale last night at the local supermarket... 270gm loose leaf for $3.25 US. I'm going to pick up 2-3 more tins tonight if there are any left. This is pretty good tea! Certainly good enough to become a 'regular' in the line-up!

Stitchawl
Old 03-27-2014, 03:24 PM   #28073
cromag

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
You're a tease. You know I miss good Zinfadel more than any other red wine. How about telling us which one to really rub it in.
Nothing special, really. Just Sutter Home Zinfandel (red, this one's California 2011). It's one of a handful of Zinfandel and Shiraz that have proven themselves to be reliable and I've come to enjoy.

And now, the great circle begins again, with my first mug of tea of the day.

Last edited by cromag; 03-27-2014 at 03:27 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:02 PM   #28074
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Sutter Home is a perfectly respectable zin, and at a good price point. Nothing off about it that I recall. Though I admit my tastes tended towards higher-end single vineyard Zins when I could get them. (My absolute, all-time, favourite Zinfandel is Monte Rosso Vineyard from Robert Biale Vineyards. Their 1998 Monte Rosso exemplified what a good winemaker who works closely with his vines can do in even a fairly off year.) But sadly, it's been >5 years since I drank the last of my Monte Rosso, and I can't get any more.

Peet's Lion Mountain Keemun.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:48 PM   #28075
Stitchawl
Opsimath

To sail on a dream on a crystal clear ocean
To ride on the crest of a wild raging storm
To work in the service of life and the living
In search of the answers to questions unknown
To be part of the movement and part of the growing
Part of beginning to understand

Aye, Calypso, the places you’ve been to
The things that you’ve shown us
The stories you tell
Aye, Calypso, I sing to your spirit
The men who have served you
So long and so well

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZonmQZG0GQ )

Good morning, everyone! Good news this morning! A new underwater shooting assignment. First one in the last 8 months! (People are requesting more video these days rather than stills...) So it's another SCUBA adventure, this time on a live-aboard dive boat in the Western Caroline Islands of Micronesia! Some of the worlds finest diving to be had here around the islands of the Republic of Palau. I'm ready to get my gills wet again! I haven't dived those reefs in several years. Most of the photos you've seen that I've taken of my wife swimming with sharks were taken here. Often we see dozens of sharks on every dive! The water isn't always the clearest, but the marine life is the very best!

Celebrating with a mug of Taylors of Harrogate's 'Yorkshire' tea as I begin to get my kit assembled. I've been on this boat before, so I know to bring my own teas! Once bitten... It's only a three-day trip so I'll just bring about 50 pre-filled bags. Diving is thirsty work. The 'canned' air is very dry!

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sharks1.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	120903  
Old 03-27-2014, 11:34 PM   #28076
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Don't you just love it when someone pays you to do something you love doing?!

Well done. Enjoy, as I know you will.

Sipping some miscellaneous Oolong from a bag that's poorly labelled. And trying to decide if I want to go to the effort of brewing something else, or just live with this. IAC, I know that bag is getting binned.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:33 AM   #28077
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
To sail on a dream on a crystal clear ocean
To ride on the crest of a wild raging storm
To work in the service of life and the living
In search of the answers to questions unknown
To be part of the movement and part of the growing
Part of beginning to understand

Aye, Calypso, the places you’ve been to
The things that you’ve shown us
The stories you tell
Aye, Calypso, I sing to your spirit
The men who have served you
So long and so well

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZonmQZG0GQ )

Good morning, everyone! Good news this morning! A new underwater shooting assignment. First one in the last 8 months! (People are requesting more video these days rather than stills...) So it's another SCUBA adventure, this time on a live-aboard dive boat in the Western Caroline Islands of Micronesia! Some of the worlds finest diving to be had here around the islands of the Republic of Palau. I'm ready to get my gills wet again! I haven't dived those reefs in several years. Most of the photos you've seen that I've taken of my wife swimming with sharks were taken here. Often we see dozens of sharks on every dive! The water isn't always the clearest, but the marine life is the very best!

Celebrating with a mug of Taylors of Harrogate's 'Yorkshire' tea as I begin to get my kit assembled. I've been on this boat before, so I know to bring my own teas! Once bitten... It's only a three-day trip so I'll just bring about 50 pre-filled bags. Diving is thirsty work. The 'canned' air is very dry!

Stitchawl
do you always drink your teas hot or do you ise them? since I get sick on hot black tea (I think I've shared this) much to my frustration; I have to do really small portions and small sips of special things like lapsang souchong. most greens and whites I am ok with doing hot. I've found that I can chill some of the heavy cardamon and such teas and have a really splendid drink. just never the lapsang *sniff*

Quote:

Sipping some miscellaneous Oolong from a bag that's poorly labelled. And trying to decide if I want to go to the effort of brewing something else, or just live with this. IAC, I know that bag is getting binned.
which is why I NEED TO GET BACK TO TEACHING SKIING!!!!! (sorry I just found out that I am probably going to need a second knee replacement today) I told the DOc that something wasn't right... even I could tell on the xrays today (when I finally got to see them) that even visually without training, something wasin't right
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:35 AM   #28078
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
"Willing to read classic literature - anytime, any place - reasonable rates - serious offers only!"

Think anyone would pay me to read?

@KK - sorry about your knee problems - but if you manage to get a decent replacement, it will eliminate virtually all the pain. Two of my co-workers, after limping for years, got knee replacements -- one is now walking normally, the other had a nightmarish recovery and still limps. Research your surgeon carefully!

Ice water in my glass - followed by a caffeinated beverage.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:46 AM   #28079
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
It almost feels sinful to take money for it... But I will.
And most of the photos that I take aren't covered by my contract, so I'm free to use them for magazine articles and advertising work. Only the ones specified by the client can't be re-sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
do you always drink your teas hot or do you ise them? since I get sick on hot black tea (I think I've shared this) much to my frustration; I have to do really small portions and small sips of special things like lapsang souchong. most greens and whites I am ok with doing hot. I've found that I can chill some of the heavy cardamon and such teas and have a really splendid drink. just never the lapsang *sniff*
I drink 4-5 16oz mugs of hot tea each day, and 2-3 large glasses of ice tea at lunch. I have noticed that some black teas (I only drink blacks and oolongs) do give me an odd uncomfortable feeling in my stomach if I drink too much of them. Usually they are the cheaper, not-so-special teas so I don't mind drinking less of them!

In fact, I'm drinking a mug of my brand new Sri Lankan tea hot right now. We went back to the supermarket and stocked up on a full Kilo of the stuff. Actually more... there are 270gm in each canister and I bought four of them! Cost almost $13....

Quote:
which is why I NEED TO GET BACK TO TEACHING SKIING!!!!! (sorry I just found out that I am probably going to need a second knee replacement today) I told the DOc that something wasn't right... even I could tell on the xrays today (when I finally got to see them) that even visually without training, something wasin't right
Aim at X-C skiing. Much less stress on the knees, and even more beautiful. Just not quite as thrilling as skiing down a plate glass window with bumps... But Telemark skiing will let you ski the big hills, and not put the forces on your legs that mogul skiing will.

Stitchawl
Old 03-28-2014, 08:48 AM   #28080
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Have fun Stitchawl! Sounds like a great "job".

KK (hugs) I hope that this replacement will eliminate your pain and you will be able to get back to doing the things that you love to do.

I drink all of my tea hot. SOme ice tea in the summer but mainly hot.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?